What healthier foods do you love???

Options
2»

Replies

• Kiwi511
    Kiwi511 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love raw baby spinach. You can eat it with just about anything and it has minimal calories and is really good for you.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Roasted asparagus and cauliflower- when my family turned their noses up at it the other night, I said, "Fine, more for me and ate the whole pan - for hardly any calories!" So, so yummy!
  • arejay
    arejay Posts: 4
    Options
    Fresh Fruit is the best
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I figured out most of the stuff they cook at restaurants I can make in a healthier version. So the only thing I have been getting at restaurants is grilled/broiled fish or seafood no butter. I consider it such a treat and healthy and since I don't cook any fish (except crab legs) and I don't go out that often. It is a no brainer for me. Also I add cucumbers to almost every sandwich for crunch or use them for me "negative" calorie snack whenever I am over or low on calories. 20 calorie dressing and I am good to go!
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    La vache qui rit! It's a soft cheese that usually comes in a round container with little "pie" shaped or cube pieces. The only thing is it is not a true cheese, but a process cheese, kind of like Cheese Whiz. only lower cals. If you are okay with that though - Caution - addictive!
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    when its late at night and its time to watch a movie after the kids have gone to bed I really enjoy cutting up slices of cucumber and bits and pieces of broccoli its something that i can much on for a longer duration of the show so that i am not sitting there beside my hubby and asking him to pass the chips!
  • eperkins
    eperkins Posts: 5
    Options
    Low fat yogurt ice cream! I used to miss my bowl of ice cream now I enjoy 100 calories for a treat once in a while in the evening. Great flavors!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    natural peanut butter :bigsmile: I love having it with crackers or a rcie cake!
  • honeybee71
    Options
    I was always a fairly healthy eater anyway,so my likes haven't really changed much. I LOVE broiled salmon or tilapia and a big green salad. As far as "diet" food goes, I do buy 100 calorie packs because portion control is a major problem with me and I absolutely LOVE the wish bone salad spritzers. You get a really strong flavor and only 10 little calories per 10 sprays. As far as laughing cow goes, I live in one of the towns that manufacture those things and I've been eating them for years. If you really want a chessy treat, take one of the garlic herb wedges and slather it on a whole grain cracker! YUMMY!