List your Trader Joe's favorites here!

Options

Replies

• alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Half of our groceries come from TJs (so my list of favorites would take forever to write), but my two new favorite things are:

-- South African Smoke spice blend (it smells like bacon and it goes great on everything)
    -- Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce (this stuff can liven up a sandwich or just a plain chicken breast -- delish)
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    one of my absolute favorite places *L*

hummus with fresh horseradish - delish and can't find this flavor anywhere else
    veggie and flaxseed tortilla chips - i took them to a party a couple weeks ago with people who aren't trying to eat healthy and they all raved on them - even the little kids!
    tomatillo and roasted yellow chili salsa
    peach chipotle salsa
    thai lime and chili cashews - spicy and have to control myself with these or I could eat half the bag at a time
    and they have a great cheese selection - there's an english one with caramelized onions that is really really good (not so healthy but a nice treat)
    cornichons - super sour garlicky little pickles - a lot of flavor packed in a tiny package
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Shoot, where do I even begin? I tend not to buy premade foods, but the ones I have gotten at TJ's are of course awesome. Some of my favorites:

-Any variety of their precooked chicken sausage. SO GOOD.
    -All of their trek mixes. Just... all of them.
    -I know it's not that healthy, but their cheese selection makes me do a happy dance.
    -Their naan in the freezer section is pretty bangin'.
    -Whole wheat tortillas are awesome.
    -Dirt cheap frozen veggies
    -ALL THE TEA.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Frozen (my favorite lunches):

Lamb Vindaloo (360 calories)
    Chicken Tikka Masala
    Southwest Chicken Quesadilla
    Paneer Tikka Masala
    Chicken verde burritos

Frozen (other):
    Frozen Steel cut oatmeal--2 packages for under $2 and only 150 calories!!!
    Creme Brulee (perfect for a treat after a good workout)
    Orange Chicken
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    - Fire Roasted Peppers and Onions (frozen veggies)
    - Fire Roasted Corn (frozen veggies)
    - Grilled not Fried Eggplant Parmesan (frozen entree)
    - South African smoke flaver (spice)
    - Pear Gorganzola Champagne Vinagertte (Fresh salad dressing)
    - Steamed Lentils (in salad section)
    - Organic string cheese light
    - Organic 0% greek yogurt
    - Spinach kale yogurt dip paired with a bag of Broccoli Slaw
    - Vacum fried bananas (dried fruit section) - okay on current regime I won't eat them - but DARN they are good!
    - Carribean Ice Flows (novelties)
    - Garlic chicken sausage (meat section)
    - Tuscan white bean hummus (dips)

But honestly, I just love the whole darn store. I ADORE TRADER JOES.
  • blessedwifeandmom
    Options
    Bump
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    Almonds with sunflower seed oil. AWSOME!!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Mac and Cheese bites.

They have so much stuff that looks sooo goood but tastes so nasty because of crap quality. Like the bacon-filet medallions.

But I looove the mac and cheese bites..

And those trader ming noodle boxes.
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska and unfortunately we don't have Trader Joes, but when I was in California for a short time I tried their Champagne Pear Vinergrette. AMAZING! Best salad dressing!

Ohhhh, I haven't tried this one! On the list!

Thanks everyone so far, such yummy ideas! A big star on my bookmarks!
  • mkkloos
    mkkloos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Aoli Garlic Mustard. It is hands down the best thing they have. I don't even usually like mustard, but this stuff is just awesome! Only 10 calories a tsp! and that teaspoon goes a looonngg way. I mix it in with almost anything and it adds great flavor.
    Mixed with vinegar it is a great salad dressing.

Also - not really for humans - but if I don't have Tuna for Cats in my house at all times things do not go well...
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just went to TJ for the first time (never had one around where I lived) and bought some coconut cooking oil :) I was looking for almond butter also but couldnt seem to find any /cry
  • mystinamarie
    mystinamarie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love their:
    sunflower seed butter (great with a half of an apple for a snack)
    dried mangoes
    any/all of their raw nuts for snacking
    plaintain chips (satisfy that potato chip craving)
    flax seed tortilla chips
    oh and of course the cheap wine!

I used to live less than a mile from one, but we've moved and now the closest is about 3 hours away. When we head out that way to visit family I always make a special trip to stock up on the above. Sometimes I get hubby dark chocolate covered ___ (anything, really!) and he's happy too!
  • JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
    I buy almost all of our groceries from Trader Joe's. I've seen a lot of my favs from others but one I LOVE that hasn't shown up yet is their corn chili salsa. It's amazing and I add it to all kinds of things like quinoa or rice and black beans or mix with a little sour cream and makes a great low cal salad dressing. I also like their chicken Sicilian sausage with romano cheese but don't buy anymore since my son is on a dairy free diet. We have other chicken sausages tho with brown rice and their lentil veggie soup. Super easy and healthy meal :)
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Wine :drinker:
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    3 overflowing bags of groceries for under $70 is what I love.

Vegetable bird's nests - 70 cals per nest without sauce
    Vegetable root chips- better than Terra chips and way less sodium
    Peanut butter goodies - not necessarily low-cal but very tasty -- you only need one
    Vegetable melange
    Beans so green
    Macaroni 'n cheese balls - OK, not low-cal, but definitely a tasty substitute for the heart attack version sold by Cheesecake Factory.

I love Trader Joe's!!!!!!!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    To those of you who have purchased the EGGPLANT HUMMUS, Please reply with your state/region

I was told they don't sell it in New jersey and its probably only a california thing?
  • Aestes21
    Aestes21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    I love Trader Joes and so many of the things I love have already been posted.

I also love their big bags of chopped kale (or collard greens) in the refrigerated produce for dumping in all sorts of soups and pastas.

Also in the refrigerated produce is that container of chopped onions and carrots and celery soup base - super fast and easy soups can be made with this starter - add anything to it!

My last thing is that I have cookbook written by moms using only Trader Joes food. It is great for making all sorts of meals - Cooking with all things Trader Joes by Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati
  • nicolethewanderer
    Options
    -better 'n peanut butter (100 cal for two tablespoons!)
    -rice cakes
    -sesame ezekiel bread (so good toasted w/ hummus)
    -mediterranean hummus
    -laughing cow garlic and herb cheese, light (35 cal/each)
    -lentil soup
    -everything crackers
    -high fiber o's (favorite cereal)
    -almond milk
    -mushroom risotto (yummy mixed with peas)
    -fresh/frozen veggies

and mmm my new favorite is their mango/cranberry/blueberry bran muffins! they satisfy my muffin cravings and have 220 calories for a delicious treat! i like warming them in the microwave and having them with my morning coffee. :]
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    They use to have vegan churrizo burritos and they were the BOMB! They stopped carrying them a while ago so I stopped shopping there (bc of the lack of burritos and it is kinda far from my house). Not sure if they started carrying it again. If so, you gotta check them out! YUM!