How many lbs did you lose in your first month?

Options

Replies

• michellesisreed
    michellesisreed Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for close to 3 weeks now. I go to the gym 5 times a week and eat healthy, still haven't lost any weight well OK 1 pound! My husband keeps telling me to do this and I just find it so difficult to eat every 3 hours! How do you do it? Do you split your meals into smaller portions? Can you eat 3 meals a day and eat like an apple or a serving of almonds? I'm just so frustrated I'm giving this all Ive got and I see no results!

I am in the same boat as you ....totally blows.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Around 10!
  • lmj0707
    lmj0707 Posts: 13
    Options
    I lost 11.5lbs the first month eatting 1200 STRICT net calories/day with my moderately physicaly active lifestyle. The first 2 weeks weight just fell off as the realy unhealthy junk left my body. Ever since then it's been slow and steady with some 1-2 week plateaus despite continuing to eat a strict 1200 net calories. I've averaged losing about 1.5-2lbs/week.
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    22 Days in and 8lbs down :smile:

1200-1500 Calories/day
    30-60mins circuit training 3-4x week
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today is day 26 and I am down 10 pounds!
  • MrsUnderwood
    MrsUnderwood Posts: 114
    Options
    I am two weeks in and have lost 9.5 pounds.
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs my first month but that is because I have about 103 lbs to lose to get to a healthy BMI.
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    15lbs. I guess a good 5lbs from water. Regardless, I'm clothes barely fit me!
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    I have been on "diet" for 10 weeks now and have dropped 32.5 lbs and 22 inches. The key is to eating every 2-3 hours, and drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water/day. I just joined this website today to help me stay on track since I got a little distracted last week. I'm here if anyone needs any support! :)

I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for close to 3 weeks now. I go to the gym 5 times a week and eat healthy, still haven't lost any weight well OK 1 pound! My husband keeps telling me to do this and I just find it so difficult to eat every 3 hours! How do you do it? Do you split your meals into smaller portions? Can you eat 3 meals a day and eat like an apple or a serving of almonds? I'm just so frustrated I'm giving this all Ive got and I see no results!

First of all with the weight. You may be putting on muscle and burning fat at the same time. That is why you probably only lost 1 pound. Try taping yourself and see if you can see a difference in a few weeks.

As for the meals. What I do is cut the portions down a little for the main meals. I try and stop when I am 80% full. Thats that moment where you stop eating and take a deep breath or you put your fork down for a break. That's your body telling you that you are almost full. I then eat a piece of fruit or a healthy snack between meals. It could be just an apple, handfull of grapes, or a granola bar. it doesn't have to be 5 large or equal size meals.
  • smitten29
    smitten29 Posts: 7
    Options
    Its not a month for me yet, but after 2 and a half weeks I lost 3kgs :) so I have about 15 more to go. I am finding mfp so amazing! I normally can't stick to anything, but with this somehow I'm not just managing, I'm enjoying it.
    Well done on ur loss, good job :)
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    8 lbs the first month
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just completed my first month - I've lost 19lbs
  • onleethestrong
    onleethestrong Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was 1 month since I started. I didn't start with MFP until a few weeks after that.... My ticker shows 19 lb, but the total for the month is 40 lbs. I started off at 338, so I had a whole lot to lose (and still do!) I know that the number is NOT going to keep dropping like it has been, and I'm totally okay with that, but I'll have to admit, being under 300 for the first time in over 6 years is pretty exciting.
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been on "diet" for 10 weeks now and have dropped 32.5 lbs and 22 inches. The key is to eating every 2-3 hours, and drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water/day. I just joined this website today to help me stay on track since I got a little distracted last week. I'm here if anyone needs any support! :)

I eat small breakfast and then at about 9:00 or 10:00 I have a snack - sugar snap peas, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, 1-2 eggs. Then I have a large salad with olive oil and balsamic or regular vinegar and grilled or roasted chicken breast, which I make myself on the weekend. I don't always have afternoon snack, butt if I do then it is either veggies or a little piece of chocolate (cannot give it up, but eat only one or two squares instead of the whole bar). Then I have dinner at home.
    I eat back all my exercise calories and I go over the net limit most of the days but not by much on weekdays. I go over on weekends and I do not obsess about it. I set my mind on the fact that this is not a diet where I lose 10 lb in 10 days. This is the life style change and I take it one day at the time. If you keep it up you will see the results.
    The reason that you don't see the change on the scale is probably because you exercise and build muscles. How do your clothes feel? If they do feel loose them you are losing fat and gaining muscle weight.

Send me a friend invite so you can see what I eat. I eat pretty much everything and I don't feel like I am on the diet.
  • ideasdeniti
    ideasdeniti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    11 pounds the first month, with a start of 226 :)
  • cntails
    cntails Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for almost two months & I lose a few then right back where I started so please fill me in on how yall lose so much!!! I am getting really frustrated I work at a place that I sit sometimes but I lift, bend,ect for most of the day plus I try to do the elliptical and do a workout video at least 3 x a week for 15-30 min
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Sunday is officially 1 month since I "got back on the wagon" with MFP again. As of this morning, I am down 13lbs.
  • outbackdezines
    Options
    Well I'm brand new to these forums but not to dieting / trying to get in shape. I've still got a few days left in my first month this go around but I'm down right at 22 lbs now and hope for another drop of 3 to 5 in this first month.

No I am not starving myself but I am exercising to hell and back. I've been bicycling about 25 miles a day (around 150 / week) and, as much as losing weight, I want to get back to where I was years ago when I could ride a century (100 mile ride) without too much strain.

I'm actually ashamed to say what weight I started at this time. . . . but what the hell - 312. My ulitmate goal is 210 which was my military weight. I am 6'1" tall and older than dirt. My daughters think I was a waiter at the last supper.

One old retired military guy.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I believe i dropped 15 or more in my very first month on MFP simply bc I NEVER drank water before that and I had a ton of water weight.
  • maltaman99
    maltaman99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lost 22 lbs in the first month eating 1600cal a day. Ive been walking aprox 2 times a week for 30-45 min each walk. Ive noticed this past week my weight loss is starting to slow down. Only lost 1 pound this week. (weigh in every Saturday) I'm going to start doing more cardio.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!