Early Birds!

Options
Hi all you early exercisersrs,

I know this may not seem early to many people, but with my partner still in bed until 7.30, it feels early for me!! I usually wake up not later than 6am every morning, have my morning hot water and lemon and then do some exercise either at the gym or at home with a dvd, (or housework if I've loads to do). Recently started on green smoothies and loving them after my workout with some added protein and my vitamins/minerals, then shower and get ready for work.

Would love to know how everyone elses morning routine goes!

Replies

• salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I am on top of the world, it's out of bed at 5:35, DVD (Jillian's Body Revolution) for 30 minutes, then get ready, breakfast (yogurt with berries or oatmeal), and off to work by 6:55. I also do cardio at night, 6x/week (generally running or spin). Thus, if I'm too exhausted in the morning, I don't feel completely guilty about not getting in the resistance DVDs.
  • gooiyw
    gooiyw Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch and breakfast the night before. Up at 5am, a mug of coffee with milk, then off to the gym or pool by 6am (it opens then), finish and off to work at about 7.30am. Traffic is hell, so sometimes I don't reach the office until 9am and that's when I have my breakfast, usually greek yogurt with a scoop of chocolate protein whey and some berries. :drinker:

Routine at the gym is usually weights (3 times a week) and I'll alternate that with cardio days. On both of these, except when I'm swimming, I'll try to incorporate a HIIT. Try being the operative word :laugh: Oh, and one rest day.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    When my husband is at home he starts work at 7am, which means that he gets up about 5.45. I usually get up just after this, get dressed in my workout gear and make us a snack (fruit usually) and a coffee and share this with him before he goes to work.
    The good thing about this is that he leaves home about 6.30am so I'm standing there ready to exercise without too much excuse not to...unless it's raining, or I need to do the washing or...... well, I try not to makes excuses anyway!

If he is away from home then it's definitely harder to get up. I try to have everything ready the night before then set my alarm for 6am, get up about 6.15 and try to get out the door for a run my 6.45. Doesn't always happen though!
  • zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    I am so NOT a morning person and if I didn't have to get up by 6:30 to get my daughter up and off to school- I would sleep til 7:30 every day. My exercise is acquired a little throughout the day burning calories cleaning houses, pushing a vacuum and scrubbing floors. Then I go for a walk most evenings after work with friends and since i find that walking seems to energize me- I will usually do some light yoga, pilates or weight lifting after my walk. The bulk of my intentional exercise is done between 6-10 at night.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 4:44.. throw on my running clothes, drink my hot water and lemon, head outside.. run around a park for 45-60 minutes.. head back home.. do pushups, situps, squats.. stretches.. lie on the floor for a bit. Hit the coffee maker button.. head into the shower.. dress etc.. drink coffee... eat breakfast.. read emails... Leave the house around 7:30.. depending on how I'm planning to get to work.. I'm a slave to my routine and days that it gets messed up aren't usually very good days. Fun right? :-)
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch and breakfast the night before. ....

I actually TOTALLY do this as well - along with my gym bag. Generally, I do all my shopping and prep in advance so that I have at least 4 days worth of lunches ready to go. I stack them in the frig and leave my lunch bag out (so I don't forget it). Helps sooooo much and keeps me on track! Plus, less to ponder when it's morning.