1200 cals

Options
anyone losing on 1200 cals im having trouble sticking with that im going for 1400 see how i go

Replies

• sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cals and I find that some days are easier than others, due to hormones etc. Also if I'm not feeling too great, like the past few days, I lose my appetite, I've only been eating around 800 unfortunately (Not healthy at all!). So some days I'm a bit under, some days a bit over but just do whatever is right for you, there's no point in starving yourself. Hope it works for you!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200, but I don't freak out when I go over.
  • Thinsposa
    Thinsposa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    People seem to put so much emphasis on a number, if you go over, you fail. It's not a game. Eat what you feel you need to in order to function normally, it's just food, why are we over complicating it?
    You eat well, you feel well. Simple.
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Hiya

Im at 1310 and work out daily and burn 400-800 cals, I usually eat 1200-1400 a day. I eat 3 meals a day and snack if im hungry inbetween, usually twice a day and usually on fruit or go ahead bars... I have did this for 3 weeks and have lost 10lb so far! :)

I stopped eating after 8pm (my biggest downfall before joining 3 weeks ago) but if im absolutely startving I normally have an apple or cup a soup, they keep me going til morning.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    dont worry about eating more, the minimum you should be eating is your BMR value anyway, else it can be dangerous and unhealthy eating under that
    so if you want to eat more, listen to your body and give it more food, it needs it
  • SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 and I find it easier when I don't eat any junk. Sticking to healthy food I can actually eat quite a bit for my 1200. Factor in some exercise and the cals can go a bit higher if I feel like it.
  • emily_kenyon
    emily_kenyon Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hey im on 1200 cals have been since i started on here nearly a year ago now i find it ok but if i do go over now and again i dont mind i do workout 3 times a week. Just do whats best for you nothing worse than feeling hungry all the time see how you go good luck on here :)

7934927.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 and must admit I find it a struggle if I don't exercise and eat back the exercise calories. I've been considering increasing, but if I burn and eat back 500-600 calories I find it easier :smile:
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    at the end of the day we are all human, we all have bad days says someone that ate a bar of diadetic chocolate last night, but then we get back into it the next day. good luck.
  • JKellyMA
    JKellyMA Posts: 16
    Options
    i hit a plateau too quickly at 1200 and determined that i wasn't eating enough to maintain my metabolism. i used this site:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/how-to-lose-weight-fast
    and ended up increasing my calorie intake to 1500 and not only did i feel like i had more energy - the lbs starting coming off again.
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i hit a plateau too quickly at 1200 and determined that i wasn't eating enough to maintain my metabolism. i used this site:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/how-to-lose-weight-fast
    and ended up increasing my calorie intake to 1500 and not only did i feel like i had more energy - the lbs starting coming off again.

same experience here, thanks for this website it's really useful =D
    every website has roughly the same figures but i really like the dates on this one even if they're very much estimates!
  • lowash67
    lowash67 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing 1200 now. I started off doing 1350 but I have just started doing 1200 and its kind of hard if I don't work out. I must work out that way I can eat more.
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm 1200 as well. I dont worry too much if I go over by 100 calories or so...I still lose weight at 1300, even at 1400 or 1500 calories, the scale doesn't go up. I lose 1 to 1.5 lbs a week on the 1200 though.

I also find being on 1200 motivates me to work out so I can eat back some of those calories...I don't usually eat all of them back because I work out before dinner, and my dinners are planned out in advance, but I will eat some of them back :)