What success story are you looking forward to next?

Options

Replies

• kyleefreeman
    kyleefreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread!! I as well can't wait to be under 200, and be able to walk into any given store and be able to find something that is NOT Plus size. My biggest motivator...to see the look on my husband's face when he steps off of the plane after this 8 month deployment is over.

253659.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kissinthedark
    Options
    Hm... my NEXT goal (having already hit a TON of them) is to weigh less than my husband, for the first time EVER. (Well, technically, he weighed more than me for probably about my first six months of life, but I was a fat baby, and him, two years old than me, a skinny toddler - so I'm guessing I passed him when I was about 6 months and he was about 2.5 years).

After that (which is only about 5 lbs away at this point), is to hit what I originally set as a goal weight, and then to reach what I've since decided is where I should land. And somewhere in there, to buy jeans in size 10.

My successes to date:
    --Taking the first step. Going that very first day without eating sweets.
    --Surviving the first week of no sweets.
    --Making getting to the gym a regular part of my life
    --Getting below 300 lbs
    --Buying my first new set of clothes
    --Having to replace my entire wardrobe again, and again, and again, and again. :happy: :happy:
    --Getting past the 8-month mark, where I've always quit before, and still going strong
    --Losing more weight than I'd lost the first two times I lost weight
    --Being able to shop in the "normal" women's section instead of the fat women's sections
    --Fitting into average chairs with arms (at the bank, the movie theater, etc)
    --Being able to move around in the passengers seat of my car without having my seatbelt lock up on me
    --Looking in the mirror, in fitting rooms, etc, and actually LIKING what I see
    --Catching my reflection in windows, storefronts, etc, and barely recognizing myself
    --Getting past 1 year, and STILL going
    --Winning the January/February weight-loss contest at my gym
    --Being able to say "I've lost 100 lbs!!" (I wanted to stand on a rooftop and SHOUT that one out!!)
    --Getting below 200 lbs (first time EVER - I passed through 200 before I was 16 - and I'm 37 now)
    --Winning my gym's "Biggest Loser" competition last spring
    --being able to actually MAINTAIN for the summer without working too hard at it.
    --Being able to carefully re-introduce a few sweets over the summer without beating myself up over it, and without it making me feel like I had to go right back to the overindulgence I used to do, and, most importantly, while still maintaining my weight.
    --Buying a pair of size 12 (!!!!) jeans (I started in size 26, which were too small at the time - shoulda been in a 28)
    --STILL going after 21 months - and starting (just starting) to actually believe this is something I can maintain for the rest of my life.

To date, I've lost 122 lbs. I have 10 lbs to go to reach what I originally set as my goal, and 18 lbs to go to reach what I think is an accurate and realistic target for my height and build. I started at 312 lbs. This morning, I weighed 190 lbs. My first goal was 180, and my new goal is 172 (which will be a total weight loss of 140 lbs).

I'm in my gym's "Biggest Loser" competition again this fall. My final goals are actually within sight!

Hang in there, everyone! You CAN do this!! Celebrate EVERY victory, no matter how small. Remind yourself how HARD you worked to reach whatever goal it is you have reached. And don't sweat the small stuff. Don't beat yourself up over the day you skipped the gym, or the day you caved and ate that decadent thing you've been craving. Just get right back on the horse, and keep on riding!

:flowerforyou:
    Wow, you are amazing, in fact, you're my inspiration! =) Kudos to you for sticking with it & losing all that weight! You really should post some before & after pictures sometime. =)

I have so many things I'm looking forward to:

Being able to play with my son without tiring out after just a few minutes.
    Being smaller than my husband again (I was alot smaller than him when we were dating, but I'm now like 50lbs or so larger than him).
    Being able to ride amusement park rides without worrying.
    Being the parent that's climbing the forts and riding the slides at the playground with my son, instead of my DH always doing it alone.
    Wearing "ladies" clothing again instead of plus size.
    Defeating my sleep apnea (a result of my obesity) and actually having energy again.

Plus tons of others, but that's all I can think of right now. =)
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My next goals are:

1. Weighing under 200#
    2. Completing my first couch to 5K
    3. to be in a size 16 pant and a Med top( I started out in a size 34 bottom and a 32 top) My current size is an 18 bottom and a L-XL top.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i was at my first goal of 140 last year but unfortunatley gained 15 back so i started back at 155 my new goal is 130. keep in mind i am only 5'1" so i need to be 135 or lower.

i also need to quit smoking soon.

the immediate goal is to continue working out 5 days a week until i reach my goal then go down to 3-4 work outs a week
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    *I should hit 20lbs lost in the next week or so...
    *After that my goal is to be under 150 (which was my starting pregnancy weight with my 4 1/2 year old son..I haven't seen that weight since I got prego's....and I was too heavy when I got pregnant)
    *Once I get below 150 then my goal is to be healthy, happy and a mom my kids can be proud of (of course wearing a single digit size:laugh: )
  • Briannah
    Options
    Being able to fit into all the sexy dresses i bought 2 years ago :)... and not seeing giant rolls of fat protuding from my stomach when i am sitting down... :)
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Actually running the Run For The Cure (5k) this year instead of walking! 2 more weeks! :smile:
  • Kaylabaila
    Kaylabaila Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    -I'm looking forward to being able to cross my legs when sitting at a desk. :heart:
    -being able to go into any store and find a size that fits. :blushing:
    -People actually noticing that I've lost weight. :ohwell:
    -People not doubting me anymore. :smile:
  • applepie
    applepie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great question! And, I love, LOVE what everyone has written. My next success goal?
    Having a fashion show....in my hubby's clothes! :smile: (anyone else have a hubby that is smaller then you??)
  • annasid78
    Options
    Mine are:

To be 199 or less by christmas
    Finish C25K
    To shop in the normal sizes not PLUS
    To weigh less than Dh
    To get DH back to working out.
    To get the kids to the point that they don't complain about fruit everynight at dinner
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    To survive a week's vacation without overeating and drinking.
    To be too thin for my current trousers - so I can finally buy new ones!
    To finish the C25k.
  • LauraGUnit
    Options
    To break the 190 mark.

To not feeling like I have to hide my giant behind in my size 14 work pants
  • samantha115
    Options
    Hm... my NEXT goal (having already hit a TON of them) is to weigh less than my husband, for the first time EVER. (Well, technically, he weighed more than me for probably about my first six months of life, but I was a fat baby, and him, two years old than me, a skinny toddler - so I'm guessing I passed him when I was about 6 months and he was about 2.5 years).

After that (which is only about 5 lbs away at this point), is to hit what I originally set as a goal weight, and then to reach what I've since decided is where I should land. And somewhere in there, to buy jeans in size 10.

My successes to date:
    --Taking the first step. Going that very first day without eating sweets.
    --Surviving the first week of no sweets.
    --Making getting to the gym a regular part of my life
    --Getting below 300 lbs
    --Buying my first new set of clothes
    --Having to replace my entire wardrobe again, and again, and again, and again. :happy: :happy:
    --Getting past the 8-month mark, where I've always quit before, and still going strong
    --Losing more weight than I'd lost the first two times I lost weight
    --Being able to shop in the "normal" women's section instead of the fat women's sections
    --Fitting into average chairs with arms (at the bank, the movie theater, etc)
    --Being able to move around in the passengers seat of my car without having my seatbelt lock up on me
    --Looking in the mirror, in fitting rooms, etc, and actually LIKING what I see
    --Catching my reflection in windows, storefronts, etc, and barely recognizing myself
    --Getting past 1 year, and STILL going
    --Winning the January/February weight-loss contest at my gym
    --Being able to say "I've lost 100 lbs!!" (I wanted to stand on a rooftop and SHOUT that one out!!)
    --Getting below 200 lbs (first time EVER - I passed through 200 before I was 16 - and I'm 37 now)
    --Winning my gym's "Biggest Loser" competition last spring
    --being able to actually MAINTAIN for the summer without working too hard at it.
    --Being able to carefully re-introduce a few sweets over the summer without beating myself up over it, and without it making me feel like I had to go right back to the overindulgence I used to do, and, most importantly, while still maintaining my weight.
    --Buying a pair of size 12 (!!!!) jeans (I started in size 26, which were too small at the time - shoulda been in a 28)
    --STILL going after 21 months - and starting (just starting) to actually believe this is something I can maintain for the rest of my life.

To date, I've lost 122 lbs. I have 10 lbs to go to reach what I originally set as my goal, and 18 lbs to go to reach what I think is an accurate and realistic target for my height and build. I started at 312 lbs. This morning, I weighed 190 lbs. My first goal was 180, and my new goal is 172 (which will be a total weight loss of 140 lbs).

I'm in my gym's "Biggest Loser" competition again this fall. My final goals are actually within sight!

Hang in there, everyone! You CAN do this!! Celebrate EVERY victory, no matter how small. Remind yourself how HARD you worked to reach whatever goal it is you have reached. And don't sweat the small stuff. Don't beat yourself up over the day you skipped the gym, or the day you caved and ate that decadent thing you've been craving. Just get right back on the horse, and keep on riding!

Wow thats amazing! I cant complain anymore that its getting hard.
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Getting below 155 (which I havent seen since before I got married)
    Going back to a size 9 or maybe even a 7
    Keeping up with my very active husband
    Being able to go up the stairs without hearing my knees creak
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    (anyone else have a hubby that is smaller then you??)

I finally crossed that milestone and I am now 3 lbs lighter than my husband. He is a bodybuilder, though, so his 5'8" and 195 pounds of muscle is still WAY healthier than my 5'8" and 192 pounds of mostly fat!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    What are you looking forward to that is a "coming soon" success??

Each time I hit a new goal, I get more excited with myself. :bigsmile:

1. My next goal is to get into a single digit pant size (an 8). :noway: I have never been there in my adult life, and by "adult life" I mean since puberty.
    2. My next goal after that is to be at my high school weight -- 138 lbs.
    3. From there, my final goal of 135 lbs.
    4. After hitting goal weight, I want to focus on shaping up my tummy, in particular. 4 abdominal surgeries and pregnancy stretch marks did NOT do it any favors! :laugh:

Goals I've Already Met
    1. Being under 200 lbs, then the 190s, 180s, 170s, and most recently going below the 160s!
    2. Being SMALLER than my wedding dress (size 16).
    3. Fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans.
    4. Fitting into my old prom dresses (some of them).
    5. Fitting into and looking good in a halter top and shorts!! :noway:

GREAT THREAD!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    (anyone else have a hubby that is smaller then you??)

I finally crossed that milestone and I am now 3 lbs lighter than my husband. He is a bodybuilder, though, so his 5'8" and 195 pounds of muscle is still WAY healthier than my 5'8" and 192 pounds of mostly fat!

Omgosh, forgot that was a goal too! Hated being heavier than him!
    I lost weight. Weighed less than him. Then....
    I also dropped a 190lbs husband! :laugh: (See ya sucka!!!! :happy: )
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Pheonix! :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:

That's too funny.
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of goals in mind. A very short-term one as it is is to get under 210 (I was at 212 this morning), but my next goal after that is to get to 200 or under. :-) Aside from that, I also want to be able to wear the shirts that I just bought which are turning out to be too snug.
  • annasid78
    Options
    Getting back on track this week and staying there.

I have been very horrible the last few weeks! I wouldn't surprise me if I have gained like 10lbs.

So today is the day. I am jumping back on the wagon as it drives by. They aren't going on with out me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!