What success story are you looking forward to next?

Options
angiered
angiered Posts: 169 Member
Make your list here!

My "If every day where like today" thingy being under 200lbs. That's means it only 5 weeks away!

Losing the crease I have on each side of my back. (GROSS)

Wearing the super cute top I bought to our ballet school's auction this year.

How about you guys? What are you looking forward to that is a "coming soon" success??

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :blushing: being under 200 pounds
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    being able to wear my old jeans again and to tighten my belt:smile:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    fitting into my wedding dress and having it e too big
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Angiered!!! :happy: Thanks for starting this thread. It's very motivational. Keeps me focused on what to anticipate - coming success.

I am very looking forward to not being tired after a walk, to be more energetic.
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to being under 200lbs....never ever ever again will I be a "200" :blushing:
  • kimberjones
    Options
    I'm looking forward to sitting in my husband's lap without me (not him - he doesn't worry now!) being concerned about being too heavy.:sad:
  • sonshinersmama
    sonshinersmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To not still look 6 months pregnant! To get past the block I always hit and then gain! (usually get pregnant again:happy: To be 40 and look good with a one year old on my hip..to be able to keep up with that one year old! And thanks this is motivational and makes me want to really stick with it and the reasons why!
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    :)

Tossing out a set of clothes that are too big.

Getting a smaller bra or nine. :grumble: :laugh: :laugh:

Moving the clip on my seat belt.

Having my jeans get long again, with less bootious to hold them UP. lol
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Walking into a department store dressing room and loving what i see when i try on clothes and won't be the girl crying anymore! i always end up crying when i go clothes shopping for once i want to buy everything i try on ... or maybe ask for a smaller size instead of bigger :happy:
  • ClaudiaRN
    Options
    I want to be able to go shop in the ladies department and not the women's or plus size dept.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Im looking forward to being in a size that is a single digit
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Is to become more muscular and tone and loose these last 34lbs everything else Ive accomplished smaller clothes going down notches on my belts smaller shirts...I really really want to be at my goa weight by the end of December right before New Years:bigsmile: :happy:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Having a round belly button. I hate that mine is STILL flat and squished.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Losing these last 7 pounds.

Running a 5k in November of this year. I'll turn 56 November 7 and I hope to run a 5k November 28. :bigsmile:
  • artichoke
    Options
    Walking into a department store dressing room and loving what i see when i try on clothes and won't be the girl crying anymore!

um...ditto THAT!

...and also setting a good example of a healthy lifestyle for my partner. he's a huge supporter of MY efforts; now I want to keep going in hopes that he'll set challenging goals of his own.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Losing these last 7 pounds.

Running a 5k in November of this year. I'll turn 56 November 7 and I hope to run a 5k November 28. :bigsmile:
    You are rocking the boat chic:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • tajanac
    tajanac Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ...and also setting a good example of a healthy lifestyle for my partner. he's a huge supporter of MY efforts; now I want to keep going in hopes that he'll set challenging goals of his own.

This same goes for me. I would love my husband to start eating healthier and loose some waight.

Also my #1 motivation right now is to get under 200 lbs (I have 3lbs more to go).
    And to fit in clothes size 16 comfortably.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I really want to be under 200, too. That would be amazing, because I seem to have been stuck here for a very long time. Just s-l-o-w-l-y moving down...
    sigh...
    :frown:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Having to buy NEW clothes as I lose weight, because I have shrunk out of all the old stuff in the closet!

My size 14 wardrobe is rather dated at this point, considering it is about 5 years old, but my size 12 wardrobe will be ALL NEW!

As we speak I am wearing the second smallest garment I own, so this goal is within reach!
  • wohlers2
    Options
    Hm... my NEXT goal (having already hit a TON of them) is to weigh less than my husband, for the first time EVER. (Well, technically, he weighed more than me for probably about my first six months of life, but I was a fat baby, and him, two years old than me, a skinny toddler - so I'm guessing I passed him when I was about 6 months and he was about 2.5 years).

After that (which is only about 5 lbs away at this point), is to hit what I originally set as a goal weight, and then to reach what I've since decided is where I should land. And somewhere in there, to buy jeans in size 10.

My successes to date:
    --Taking the first step. Going that very first day without eating sweets.
    --Surviving the first week of no sweets.
    --Making getting to the gym a regular part of my life
    --Getting below 300 lbs
    --Buying my first new set of clothes
    --Having to replace my entire wardrobe again, and again, and again, and again. :happy: :happy:
    --Getting past the 8-month mark, where I've always quit before, and still going strong
    --Losing more weight than I'd lost the first two times I lost weight
    --Being able to shop in the "normal" women's section instead of the fat women's sections
    --Fitting into average chairs with arms (at the bank, the movie theater, etc)
    --Being able to move around in the passengers seat of my car without having my seatbelt lock up on me
    --Looking in the mirror, in fitting rooms, etc, and actually LIKING what I see
    --Catching my reflection in windows, storefronts, etc, and barely recognizing myself
    --Getting past 1 year, and STILL going
    --Winning the January/February weight-loss contest at my gym
    --Being able to say "I've lost 100 lbs!!" (I wanted to stand on a rooftop and SHOUT that one out!!)
    --Getting below 200 lbs (first time EVER - I passed through 200 before I was 16 - and I'm 37 now)
    --Winning my gym's "Biggest Loser" competition last spring
    --being able to actually MAINTAIN for the summer without working too hard at it.
    --Being able to carefully re-introduce a few sweets over the summer without beating myself up over it, and without it making me feel like I had to go right back to the overindulgence I used to do, and, most importantly, while still maintaining my weight.
    --Buying a pair of size 12 (!!!!) jeans (I started in size 26, which were too small at the time - shoulda been in a 28)
    --STILL going after 21 months - and starting (just starting) to actually believe this is something I can maintain for the rest of my life.

To date, I've lost 122 lbs. I have 10 lbs to go to reach what I originally set as my goal, and 18 lbs to go to reach what I think is an accurate and realistic target for my height and build. I started at 312 lbs. This morning, I weighed 190 lbs. My first goal was 180, and my new goal is 172 (which will be a total weight loss of 140 lbs).

I'm in my gym's "Biggest Loser" competition again this fall. My final goals are actually within sight!

Hang in there, everyone! You CAN do this!! Celebrate EVERY victory, no matter how small. Remind yourself how HARD you worked to reach whatever goal it is you have reached. And don't sweat the small stuff. Don't beat yourself up over the day you skipped the gym, or the day you caved and ate that decadent thing you've been craving. Just get right back on the horse, and keep on riding!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!