Do you feel guilty when........?

Options
13»

Replies

• REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was eating a bag of chips in my car yesterday and these two women passed by me. They were also overweight and smoking cigarettes so I don't know why I did this. I got so ashamed of the chips that I hid them in the glove box till no one was around.
  • brightberry
    Options
    I feel like that guilt is what hindered my progress in the past. And it applies to other aspects of life as well. We mess one thing up and suddenly it feels like the whole day is ruined. It's silly but incredibly common. I agree with the other commentators, congratulate yourself for only having one and savour that delicious treat!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Do you feel guilty when you eat something that you know made you fat in the past, but you are still under your goal for the day.
    Happened to me yesterday........I love cheese coneys and used to eat about 4-5 at a time. Yesterday I had 1 but still felt like
    scum after I ate it. Am I the only one that feels this way? LH

No. I am now in control of what I eat, and I work hard to make sure I meet my goals as many days as possible, and by and large I'm successful, losing weight, and feeling healthier than I have in years. I refuse to give up any of the foods I love, but I understand and accept the fact that not all of those foods are good for me, and I choose to eat them in quantities that fit into my diet, and I will not apologize or feel guilty about eating a food that is not absolutely optimal 100% of the time.

This diet is for life, and I refuse to eliminate anything from it that I'm not willing to eliminate for life.

You had one instead of four. That's a major victory. Portion control, not food denial, is the key to long-term weight loss and health maintenance. You should celebrate the fact that you skipped the other three and concentrated on enjoying the one you had.

You met your goals for the day. No guilt. That's a NSV!!!!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Nope, not guilty at all. I'm not on a diet I am living a new, healthier lifestyle.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Nope. Because what I ate didn't make me fat. The frequency and portion sizes, combined with a sedentary lifestyle, is what made me fat.

I still eat all the same foods, but I have pizza once or twice a week instead of 3-4 times a week, and I'm a lot more active.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Nah. Chalk me up to "used to but not anymore."

I have come to believe that in this one case, it's quantity over quality. I echo the poster who pointed out you had ONE and not FIVE here.

Guilt is pointless. You're making huge strides in your body and your outlook on life. Take time to enjoy the things you used to, or you'll start resenting the changes you're making.

Or, in short: One coney dog does not a catastrophic binge make.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I only feel guilty if I didn't enjoy it for whatever reason. If it wasn't as good as I remembered then I feel like it was such a waste of calories. But if it was really tasty and hit the spot and I was still within my goal for the day, then no!
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I just wish I would lose weight everytime I say "No" to something! Can't fool my body though. And yes, I DO feel super guilty when I have pizza, even though I just had 2 slices, opposed to one whole pizza to myself :P
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I used to but I don't anymore. I only feel guilty if I go over my calorie allotment for the day.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    that is a hard guilt ridden question. I used to feel that way, but really Ive changed my whole mindset and I eat clean, no processed foods, white flour, no sugar etc. If I eat junk I feel like junk....realizing that helped me to not cave to those foods I used to eat and to no longer desire them. If I get a craving for say a home made brownie, I just ask myself is it worth the time on the treadmill running to run off the sugar in it that will turn to fat and store on my belly? Everytime my answer is NO.

I will say though that the guilt will eat at you, so just realize your human, today is a new day, big deal, keep going! Dont be too hard on yourself!
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty when I eat anything
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    no and not 1 item has made me fat ..

it was the total consumption of food (you can be fat eating low fat food, if you eat enough of it)
    i was eating 3,000 calories a day (mostly fast food, we are talking 2 - 3x a day)

i still eat fast food here and there .. i now make most of those same items at home though .. but as long as i stick under my goals, i have nothing to feel guilty about

like now if i get a nugget meal , its 9/10 times going to be a 6pc medium instead of a 10pc (super sized when they had that) plus a burger :embarassed:

i believe in everything in moderation .. i am not on a diet ( diets end at some point) i have changing my lifestyle
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I sometimes splurge and eat something with a higher caloric and fat value, but I don't feel guilty about it. I eat in moderation now.
    Over eating, and eating a lot of fast food and 'convenient' types of foods was my problem.
    I still want to enjoy the food I consume and I do. IN MODERATION!
  • Frized
    Frized Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes. Whenever I eat somewhat similar to how I used to I feel really bad about it. My wife is the same way. But I think that sometimes you have to treat yourself (within reason), otherwise the splurges come.