After midnight snacks

Options
Should snacks after midnight be logged manually together with food from the preceding day or should they be logged in for that "after-midnight" day where the app automatically puts them?

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    After midnight as midnight signifies the end of one day and the fresh beginning of a new one, though don't forget that at night your metabolism slows down so careful of what you consume
  • jared767
    jared767 Posts: 76
    Options
    But isn't it right that when we wake up the following day and start to move, whatever we ate before sleeping is burned?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. If I haven't gone to bed yet, I'll still consider it the same day. But it doesn't matter, just personal preference.
    But isn't it right that when we wake up the following day and start to move, whatever we ate before sleeping is burned?
    This is right, but don't forget that you are also burning calories throughout the night. Just because you're sleeping doesn't mean your brain, heart, lungs, and so on don't need fuel.
  • jsbpitch
    jsbpitch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Log it whenever you start your day. I actually start logging each day with dinner (so my Thursday dinner was actually last night). For whatever reason I can control my caloric intake better in the morning than at night. Works well for me!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I do my logging as one day from wake-up to snooze time. If its 12:30 and you eat some popcorn, then it goes on the day I am finishing up since i haven't gone to bed yet.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm SO BAD for this. Every night at 3am, for as long as I can remember, I wake up to eat.
    I've gotten it down now so it's just a glass of almond milk but still.
    I always log it in the new day since it's after midnight but i'm not really sure it matters
  • elisheva
    elisheva Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I renamed my meals to 5-11 am - 12pm - 4pm - 4pm -8pm and 8pm - 5am. From the time I wake up until I go to sleep whatever I eat counts for that day. I find that renaming the whole breakfast, lunch, dinner thing into your own categories helps a lot.
  • robertlparrish
    Options
    Thank you all for the quick replies!