Your Favourite Smoothie :)

Options
I finally ponied up for a blender today and I can't wait to use it!

Anyone have any good smoothie recipes they'd like to share? :)

Replies

• WhatitisLiz
    WhatitisLiz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie almost everyday for breakfast this is my usual: 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup of cut up strawberries, 1 kiwi, about 1 or 2 cups of raw spinach, 1/8 cup of vanilla almond milk and 4 or 5 ice cubes. This week I decided to do with out the banana to try to cut back on my sugar intake but it really isn't the same with out it. Sometimes I will substitute the kiwi for some blueberries, cut up mango, or whatever yummy fruit I have in the fridge but the kiwi is may favorite. Have fun with it, the possibilities are endless.
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Activia Light...any flavor, splash of milk, fruit that compliments the yogurt flavor I am having...whatever you like....and top with ice until mixer is full ( I'm talking about the single serving sized blender) and blend til smooth...I also add one packet of splenda if the fruit is a bit tart which can happen with strawberries or blueberries :-)

I also keep cans of slimfast chocolate and vanilla flavored on hand for emergencies. I don't like slimfast unless in frozen format. With the vanilla powder, I will do the fruit thing again, OR dilute instant coffee (1 tablespoon) in just a splash of hot tap water and add that to the powder and ice....whalaaa....ice coffee smoothie. ( I also add a bit of sweetner to this since I like my coffee sweet).
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    For the liquid I like a mixture of V8 Diet Splash and unsweetened Almond Breeze then add whatever frozen fruit I have--blueberries, bananas, strawberries, etc. and a packet of Truvia.
  • LisaR517
    LisaR517 Posts: 80
    Options
    Peanut butter cup smoothie!!

1/4 c. Almond milk
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 T. Natural peanut butter
    1 T. Unsweetened powdered cocoa
    1 medium frozen banana
    1/2 c. Plain Greek yogurt
  • jared767
    jared767 Posts: 76
    Options
    Stonyfield Organic Strawberry Banana Low-fat Yogurt.