Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Options
2»

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work.

Feel free to add me.....I'm a very positive and supportive person! :)
  • meagangoss
    meagangoss Posts: 18
    Options
    Well technically yesterday was the first day of MFP, but I'm down 2.8 pounds already! I was using WW before and lost 50 pounds on the old program. Then they changed the points system to points plus and I haven't been able to lose since. I actually started back to school part time while working full time and gained back 10 pounds. So now spring semester is over and I'm refocusing on my weight loss goals! My goal is to lose 40 pounds and get down to 165. As of yesterday I was at 210.4, I should mention I am 5'8" and have a bigger build. I found this app on my iphone and I love it! Especially the fact that it has a forum and a huge backing of what seems to be incredibly strong willed people! This is what I need... I would love to have some "friends" on here so we can help each other through this journey. Support is key! We can do this!

22596534.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

GO AHEAD AND ADD ME! I NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET AS WELL! GOOD LUCK
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have been doing MFP since first of January, decided it was time to take care of myself. First time in life able to lose weight and not feel deprived of certain foods, just watch the calories and portions and it has worked so far. I eat healthier and exercise (I don't mention diet 'cause they never worked for me). MFP has really helped me greatly to lose weight. My daughter just mentioned the other day that it was great that I am losing and no help from WW or other diet programs. Good luck, I know WE can do it!
  • scordrick
    scordrick Posts: 33
    Options
    Hey there...I also lost 40 pounds on WW about 4 years ago but since then I've had another child. I tried WW with the new system and didnt move hardly anywhere and I got frustrated. My friends brought me on to MFP and I've been doing it since March. It's been a huge success for me. Good luck to you. BTW, "today is the first day of the rest of my life", is my theme as well. It's a great one!
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi !

Wow, i have to loose around 50lb too and have started last week. I'm down about 3lb and i'm feeling good :)

Add me if you want :)

llsand
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to MFP. You will find lots of support and motivation here. Everyone please feel free to FR me. Been on 435 days today and need to increase my friends.
  • xoFABULOUSxo
    Options
    Congrats on the success and keep it up!!!

Being able to have the motiviation and support is what will keep you going!! Feel free to add me.
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm larger build too, but I'm 5'6.5"... MFP works! I used it back before my wedding to help keep track of calories. I was going to weigh this morning, but my husband hid the scale until next Monday. Now I can't wait to weigh in. I've been logging in for 10 days, but I've been eating better and exercising now for 21 days and have lost 12 lbs...Yay! I also used to use WW back about 10 years ago, and I was considering rejoining or going to the diet doctor for help, but I've decided that I did this to myself, so I should be able to fix it. Weight doesn't come on overnight, so it's not going to leave that way either. Good luck here! Feel free to add me!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I have the same problem with WW. I lost +50 with WW and once they began to change their program I felt let down. Like...I can't be dedicated/ use to something that's going to be taken away/ changed. Eh "/

Now there's MFP. I feel better here than with WW. I COULD do both but not sure if it's a necessity just yet. Still a monthly pass member but I haven't been here long enough to make the plunge of commitment.