I'm eating way over my goal today...

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
And it's going to be good, I'm not freaking out, guilting out and I'm not fretting a bit!

Why not?????

Because it's not a habit of mine to do so, I don't make it a regular thing to overeat my calories and I won't be doing this on a regular basis and I'm eating to LIVE not living to EAT! Normally, I'd exercise to make up for it...but I'm not going to today and it's ALL GOOD, it's truly okay:smooched:

Big ole NSV:wink:

Replies

• me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    Good for you! Every now and then I have one of those days, and I figure as long as my "over calories" arent from cheesecake or brownies it's all ok:)
  • ka_smith312
    Options
    I will more than likely eat over my limit today too. But you also have to remember, with losing weight your body needs some make up calories sometimes. What a great attitude to have towards it! Kudos!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    An NSV that shows you're not dieting, rather being realistic about the long term aspects of your new life as a skinnier person; how rare. Well done.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Ummm...just don't make yourself sick. If you're no longer used to pigging out, your body will likely revolt! That can be painful.
  • susanwair
    susanwair Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am over my goal today too. My body was craving sweets- so I listened to my body. I too do not make a habit of doing this- but is it not "cheating" - it is truely just living.....we will be back on track tomorrow.

I am going to Zumba tonight....that will help some- but still won't wipe out everything I ate that I normally don't.........oh well, I will still enjoy my evening and look at tomorrow as a new day....

Keep the positive outlook:smile:
  • TrainersRoom
    Options
    The key to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight isn't about short-term dietary changes. It's about a lifestyle that includes healthy eating, regular physical activity, and balancing the number of calories you consume with the number of calories your body uses.
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Totally sounds like a NSV. :huh:
  • ranger195
    ranger195 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LOL I did it last weekend. I just wanted it and that was all there was to it. Ate a large pizza hut supreme, deep dish. All mine. wouldnt share it with anyone. Ate 6 peices friday night, ate the rest the next day for lunch. Yeah I gained .6 pounds on sunday but i lost over 2 this week and broke over 20 lbs off in 2 months.

I strongly feel if we deprive ourselfs all the foods we loved Its going to be harder to stick with it
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I like you. :flowerforyou:
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ummm...just don't make yourself sick. If you're no longer used to pigging out, your body will likely revolt! That can be painful.

My body did this to me a couple of weeks ago. I was PMS'ing on the couch and feeling sorry for myself and decided that I wanted some loaded mashed potatoes. An hour later they reappeared and I was quickly regretting my decision! I was getting sick for hours!

However, I did have a couple of bites of my daughter's chocolate-peanut butter-cup pancakes yesterday and was OK. Man it was goooood. LOL!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    Have a nice ol eating over your goal kinda day.
  • cleavagefurrow
    cleavagefurrow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You've got a great head on those shoulders :)
  • clang1
    clang1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did this yesterday and I loved every minute of it!! This morning was another story though....my body is sooo not used to eating like that anymore so I felt pretty yucky until about 11am!

But good for you - we all need this once in a while!
  • frenchie2727
    frenchie2727 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, I really needed it! I'm sitting here at work with an hour left til I leave, and I only have 199 calories left. I'll earn some more when I go home and exercise, but it's going to be cutting things close. I've been trying so hard to avoid all of the food that gets brought into the office, but today I had these sweet potato chips that are just way too good to be legal. I meant to only have a few, but that didn't work out so well. Plus I'm annoyed that I can't get an accurate calorie count on them. But you know what, it's going to be ok! I (hopefully) won't gain back the 4 lbs I've lost by eating a few handfuls of sweet potato chips!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with ranger195's last sentence. If you deprive yourself of something, you just want it more and more and nothing else will fill that hole. Its best to have a little of whatever it is and not deprive yourself. You have to remember that what we're doing is a lifestyle change and you still have to live your life. So enjoy everything in moderation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!