DETOX QUESTION

Options
im taking 48 hour acai berry liquid detox. it says to eat light, but how light is that. look at my food diary today. is this to much food. is it to heavy.. and does this detox really work?

Replies

• kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    With regards to detoxing, our bodies will do a great job if we let them, we do not need to buy expensive products for detoxing.

If you are serious about under taking a detoxing program...no alcohol, no caffeine, no processed sugars, majority of foods should be whole foods with very minimal processed foods, drink lots of water. Some people cut out dairy and red meats while undertaking a detox.

The thing with detoxing it's what you eat and drink for the long term, not just for a a couple of days or a week of a program.

Going forward as long as you are eating mostly healthy and keeping alcohol, caffeine and processed sugars to a minimum your body will do a good job of ridding itself of toxics.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    "Eating light" means not eating food, but rather, getting lots of sunlight. Consider sitting out in the sunshine, and eating the light that it gives. The sunlight should also help in the detox process.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    "Eating light" means not eating food, but rather, getting lots of sunlight. Consider sitting out in the sunshine, and eating the light that it gives. The sunlight should also help in the detox process.

LOL

if you have a dry body brush...brush the entire body vigorously while eating the sunlight and drinking the berry juice...you will be amazed
  • violet1993d
    violet1993d Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ur being sarcastic!? sprain ankle and on meds cant tell!
  • violet1993d
    Options
    so basically i dnt need the detox. anyone know any thing bout the detox im ussing?
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options

NO NO NO do not listen to him,he is being sarcastic. You never eat sunlight,alway always fluorescent light.
  • maksimsmom
    maksimsmom Posts: 11
    Options
    well, if you watch Dr. Oz he says just about the same thing as the other poster on here. you don't need a lot of expensive products. but he did say that acai berry is a good addition to the diet, as is raspberry ketone.
  • DieVixen
    Options
    so basically i dnt need the detox. anyone know any thing bout the detox im ussing?

I know that its a waste of money and you will just lose water weight,I also know that your body works fine at detoxing itself
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

LOL

if you have a dry body brush...brush the entire body vigorously while eating the sunlight and drinking the berry juice...you will be amazed

Oh yes! The sunlight diet! It works. Just ask that woman over in, what was it, Switzerland? She's thin and untoxic now, for sure.

Light is tasty, too. Lots of vitamin D.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

NO NO NO do not listen to him,he is being sarcastic. You never eat sunlight,alway always fluorescent light.

I tried that. Do you prefer the tubes or the compact flourescent ones? How do I log the mercury?
  • DieVixen
    Options

I tried that. Do you prefer the tubes or the compact flourescent ones? How do I log the mercury?

I prefer tubes,I like long things. I didnt know I was supposed to log the mecury:sad: I hope this doesnt set me back
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    OP are you still there?

I see your join date is May 2012 and that you have very few posts. You are VERY new to MFP. Keep in mind that the MFP forums are generally NOT the place for advice and support. If you need answers to questions like these, I highly suggest that you do a board search. So don't be discouraged!

As for the detox, I really don't think it's necessary. Countless people have lost weight by just jumping into it without any "first steps" like the detox you are talking about. I would suggest just returning the product if you can.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am on a week long detox with the weight loss program I am on in my town. There are certain veggies (corn, peas, starchy veggies) and certain fruits (bananas, tangerines, and kiwi) that I cannot have this week, but otherwise I am eating 3-4 servings of veggies (1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked), 2-3 servings of fruit (she has some specific servings for some fruit, not just 1 cup or 1/2 cup), 2-3 lean proteins (no pork), 1-2 starches. I'm not allowed any dark colored sodas because some people become addicted to the caramel coloring in it, and am allowed 24 oz. of caffeinated tea (only allowed 2-3 packets of splenda per day) or coffee, no flavored creamers, I am allowed an unlimited amount of decaf tea & coffee, 24 oz. of clear soda (i.e. 7up, sierra mist, mtn. dew, sprite), and 24 oz. of crystal light per day. Absolutely no sugar, no added salt, 8 cups of water a day is a must. I am a picky eater, so I am struggling to find lean proteins I like (I don't like fish or seafood, can't stomach eggs of any kind, and will NOT eat beef. but I can have chicken and turkey, and she is ok with me using morning star products as my lean protein). And no canned veggies either or butter or margarine, only Pam for sticking when cooking, or a little bit of I can't believe it's not butter. I feel like a week isn't long enough for me to detox from my deeply ingrained bad eating habits, cravings, and addictions (sweets of any kind, and anything (not veggies) with melted cheese), but I really don't think I want to do this for longer than a week either. I am only on day two and feel very limited by my pickiness. I can't even have peanut butter this week! So I can't have celery with peanut butter or apple & peanut butter, or mixing peanut butter into my oatmeal or yogurt. :sad: I guess I can say I'm very close to being a pb addict. I can't wait until Wednesday of next week, then it will be over and I can resume a bit of a normal life, with the owner's help in keeping me within reasonable limits of my food intake. No more half a pizza in one sitting, no more candy & cookies and ice cream (in one sitting) for dessert, and I know all this, I just need somebody to make me do it (and to be able to tell if I am lying on my food journal, which she can according to other people who have used her services).

So in other words, I agree with what somebody else said, your body can do a great job detoxing on its own. Just need to pick the right foods.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are a good way to make money off of gullible people.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    OP are you still there?

I see your join date is May 2012 and that you have very few posts. You are VERY new to MFP. Keep in mind that the MFP forums are generally NOT the place for advice and support. If you need answers to questions like these, I highly suggest that you do a board search. So don't be discouraged!

As for the detox, I really don't think it's necessary. Countless people have lost weight by just jumping into it without any "first steps" like the detox you are talking about. I would suggest just returning the product if you can.

I get wonderful advice and support on these boards. It's when people ask about unhealthy or unscientific situations where people get silly. I don't blame them. A little bit of research would show that there is no need for some of this stuff (such as detoxing).
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    OP are you still there?

I get wonderful advice and support on these boards. It's when people ask about unhealthy or unscientific situations where people get silly. I don't blame them. A little bit of research would show that there is no need for some of this stuff (such as detoxing).

I agree
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

LOL

basically what we are saying is that detoxing is SNAKE OIL. and you've been snookered. Sorry. just move more, eat less, and be patient. "toxins" are the great lie of the supplement/weight loss industry.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    love the Hg (mercury) comment. especially since it's about "detox". I laughed riotously and scared my toddler

I prefer tubes,I like long things. I didnt know I was supposed to log the mecury:sad: I hope this doesnt set me back
  • violet1993d
    Options
    OP are you still there?

i tried to do so research but nothing really came up on this specific detox so i decided ask here
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i tried to do so research but nothing really came up on this specific detox so i decided ask here
    Here you go, sweetheart. This link has info on all of the cleanses: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390150-should-i-do-this-cleanse