Women, do your standards change

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    You could always lower your standards, and then after a while, guys on parole look pretty good.
  • empenTen
    empenTen Posts: 29
    Options
    Its important to me that the man takes care of themselves and makes a bit of an effort. Not to any unreasonable standards - just has a shave, does his hair, trims the necessary and doesnt just let himself go. This is reflected in his weight I think too. If I am making an effort to be healthy and care about my own appearance then I would expect the same.

I would cut an older guy some slack for losing his hair and carrying a bit extra round the middle so in that sense my standards are changing as I am getting older.

Perhaps this is why I am eternally single
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Do my "standards" change based on age - absolutely not. Do I cut older guys some slack? Of course! I would hope they'd do the same for me - I'm not as skinny as I was when I was in my teens and 20's. Although I'm much HEALTHIER than I was then because I eat right and exercise regularly.

Does an older guy who is super fit stand a significantly higher chance of getting noticed? - ANY super-fit guy has a higher chance of getting noticed! But any good looking guy stands a higher chance of getting noticed!

For the record - younger guys that are built/ripped are almost automatically dismissed by me since in my experience they tend to fall in the category of "meat head" for me. Yes, that's me being judgemental based on past experiences. Older built/ripped guys aren't as easily dismissed.

Well said!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have my moments when I can be picky.
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I only care about whether they live a healthy lifestyle or not. I need someone who trys to look healthy because I do, but that doesn't mean abs or big muscles. Yes older guys get cut slack.
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nope. A six pack isn't going to make me laugh, so who cares a toss whether it's there not?
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    i have no standards.

How are YOU doin' ? lol Awesome response!

As much as girls admire and drool over V's and 6 packs and such, I'd imagine only a very small percent actually "require" it in their guy. Go out sometime and just people watch. I think you'd be shocked how relaxed absolutely gorgeous girls' standards can be, and if they're the top of the pile, then you'd have to imagine that the majority of women are about the same. Similar situation at popular meeting places like bars. The guys getting lucky every night are the ones who can walk up and talk to a girl and hold an interesting conversation, far more likely to get it than the meathead who walks up and drops some lame pick up line hoping his looks save him.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Do my "standards" change based on age - absolutely not. Do I cut older guys some slack? Of course! I would hope they'd do the same for me - I'm not as skinny as I was when I was in my teens and 20's. Although I'm much HEALTHIER than I was then because I eat right and exercise regularly.

Does an older guy who is super fit stand a significantly higher chance of getting noticed? - ANY super-fit guy has a higher chance of getting noticed! But any good looking guy stands a higher chance of getting noticed!

For the record - younger guys that are built/ripped are almost automatically dismissed by me since in my experience they tend to fall in the category of "meat head" for me. Yes, that's me being judgemental based on past experiences. Older built/ripped guys aren't as easily dismissed.

No slack needed for you! :love: :love:
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I'm not an ageist and I don't have a specific type. I find a lot of different people attractive. Physically there is very little in common in the guys I have dated. I like to play a lot and enjoy being outside, so I mesh better with someone who can keep up and play too. If I have to push to keep up with them, even better! I guess that is a thumbs up on a guy being fit at any age being attractive. I definitely workout to be able to keep up with my guy now and I love that!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I've dated nearly every kind of body type you can think of, and I was equally attracted to each of them while I was with them. I cut EVERYONE some slack for not having a six pack!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I really dont care about a 6 pack. Even the fittest guy I've ever been with didn't have one and quite frankly body type isnt as important as personalitly and for me confidence and the ability to carry on a conversation are the most important things lol
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i've been with my fiance for 8 years, and he has a beer belly, i love him anyway :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    nope they don't change
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    based on the age guy you're looking at? Do the older guys get cut any six pack slack? Does an older guy who is super fit stand a significantly higher chance of getting noticed?

I prefer a little belly on a guy, I'm not sure why it's just what I'm attracted too. When I was younger I used to be really attracted to really tall and skinny guys, and now I'm not at all, I'm attracted to a little beefier of a guy.

A great smile gets me every time.
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    I find myself attracted to people who are happy with how they are and who they are. Whether they're fit or not - as long as they're healthy, mutually allow the both of us to grow as people and are generally happy - I have no problem with age or how they look.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I've never been out with anyone with a six pack. They're nice to drool over when they're being paraded about in movies but in real day to day life most of the guys I've ever met are a bit squidgy round the middle lol. My other half doesn't have a six pack but he's still gorgeous and I love him =)

I have and for me it was really intimidating to be naked around him, he of course didn't care but I felt self conscious.
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    I dated an older guy with a major 6-pack when I was in grad school. I was both fascinated and repelled by his body. Eventually, repelled won out. He just looked like he thought about his body way too much. (He had major personality flaws, too, but his 6-pack was not a selling point, ultimately.)

Now I'm very happily married to someone 12 years my senior who loves to play sports but only lifts 40-pound preschoolers.
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Standards changing with age.. It depends on what you mean by that. Now that I am older and more accomplished I would also like to meet someone with some ground work done as well with an education or ambition. When I was in my teens it was just if they were cute or "popular" Body wise it doesn't matter to me. I have only had 2 boyfriends though and they were polar opposites, one was slender and medium height one was tall and heavy. It all depends on the person and their personality I guess.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    It's always good if a man takes care of his physical appearance at any age, but six-packs aren't a requirement in my playbook.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    There is no doubt in my mind that older guys that are in good shape get cut slack from women.