30 Day Shred..Work in progess pics

Options

Replies

• dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thank you and you keep it up to Ed... it's a great workout..
  • saynotofat
    saynotofat Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks everyone for responding! It's much appreciated. :wink:
  • saynotofat
    Options
    Ok, I found the 30-day shred on YouTube. I did it and I'm sweating gallons!! My left knee is injured so I did put a knee brace on. The only thing that bothered it is the jumping jacks. I can do some but couldn't do them all without stopping because I could feel some pain in my knee. Oh, I had to do very low-key knee kicks because of my knee. But I survived the first day!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ok, I found the 30-day shred on YouTube. I did it and I'm sweating gallons!! My left knee is injured so I did put a knee brace on. The only thing that bothered it is the jumping jacks. I can do some but couldn't do them all without stopping because I could feel some pain in my knee. Oh, I had to do very low-key knee kicks because of my knee. But I survived the first day!

That's great! Definitely be careful of your knees. If the jumping jacks hurt, try not opening your legs as wide when you jump. This is what a friend of mine does and that seems to help.
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! I just got the DVD, I keep seeing everyone's results and it's firing me up to do it too!! I start tomorrow...woohoo :)
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great job!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You look good in those cutoff shorts you should wear them out! Great job on all the progress you have made!
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options
    UPDATE :):) I am on day 15 of the shred (level 2 day 5) and I have dropped another pant size... so exciting but going to hold off on buying anymore clothes since I have 15 more days with Jillian and 5-10 lbs before I hit my ultimate ideal goal ..

also my knee pain is gone, thank God!!
  • saynotofat
    Options
    How do you all calculate the 30-day shred's calorie burn in the exercise log?
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options

by what my polar ft4 HR monitor says :)
  • yourpalacf
    yourpalacf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Is this the Jillian Michae's video?

I would like to lose more weight before doing something similar to this.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Great job OP. I used "circuit training" under cardio.
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options

Yes this is Jillian's 30 day shred workout DVD!!

@ everyone else, THANK you for the replies. I am now on day 7 of level 2 and it is killing me ,in a good way :)
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Hi MJ,

I have about 75 lbs to lose and I'm doing this video. I just finished day 2 of level 2 and I'm already noticing my body changing. I haven't lost any lbs, but my stamina has sky rocketed. I also go to Zumba class 3 times a week and my instructors cannot believe the difference in my energy level. Heck, I can't believe the difference in my energy level.

The vidoes are HARD, I won't lie. I sweat as much in that 20-30 min than I do in my 45-50 min Zumba class. And, I'm cursing Jilian the entire time. But it's a great way to start my day with a short work out that I can do at home. You don't have to be in shape to do the 30 day shred, the 30 day shred will get you into shape. There are modifications for beginners and if you have to, take a 5 sec rest and get right back to it. I'm noticing that I can go longer before I need that 5 sec rest and I don't need as many of them.

Will I have 6 pack abs or be at my goal weight in 30 days? NOPE, but I'll be on my way much faster and I'll be stronger! :happy:

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:

edit: MJ, I have PCOS too, that's why I haven't lost anything yet...dang you PCOS!! ha!
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options
    well...... tomorrow is my last day of level 2 and I will admit ,its been kicking my butt. I started doing level 2 and then as a second workout in my day, I went ahead and added level 1 in again. I skipped this entire weekend and OMG yesterday's workout felt like I was starting all over again , but today, I am back in the grove and did both levels.. I have no idea about level 3 but I am not going to give up!! just wanted to update anyone reading my post, scale not moving much but tape measure and NSV show big changes :)

30dsl2d9-1.jpg30dal2d9front.jpg30dsl2d9back.jpg
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options
    update.. and then I move on to that butt bible workout...I surely need it LOL

may242012.jpg
    may242012side.jpg
    may242012front.jpg
  • lampson1
    lampson1 Posts: 25
    Options
    You are my inspiration to keep doing the 30DS. I'm on workout 2, day 3 and it is challenging!
    It is absolutely amazing to see how much your body has changed in the last month. Thanks for sharing your progress! You look fantastic!! Your midsection sure got flat and toned!! Your ribs are even starting to show a bit. And look at your arms....they rock!! I hope I see these same results!!

Great job!!
  • dlpnrn2b
    Options
    You are my inspiration to keep doing the 30DS. I'm on workout 2, day 3 and it is challenging!
    It is absolutely amazing to see how much your body has changed in the last month. Thanks for sharing your progress! You look fantastic!! Your midsection sure got flat and toned!! Your ribs are even starting to show a bit. And look at your arms....they rock!! I hope I see these same results!!

Great job!!

Thank you. I really want the ab look but I too have noticed my ribs showing,so I plan to start using weights more and less cardio after the shred. I don't want that "skinny fat" they rave about ;) I want to be fit and have some muscle but not too bulky.
    I have raved about this DVD to everyone as I am amazed as well. I believe anyone can do it!! I am proud that I have inspired you to do it and I have all the confidence you will see great results. Keep it up!!
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow, really? That is incredible! I wish I didn't have crappy knees, as I've tried level 1 before (free from youtube) and the jumping jacks killed me :/ I wonder if I could modify it to not be as hard on my knees, but still get great results, like maybe running in place in exchange for jumping jacks?

Anyway, your pics make me want to run to my nearest walmart and pick it up. Great job and please post pics at 30 days :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!