Skim Milk or Almond Milk?

Options
Ok.......Well, it seems that Almond Milk has less cals then Skim, but has more fat..............Thoughts?

Replies

• Nickusafgermany
    Options
    I use fat free milk and almond milk sometimes in smoothies.
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I tried the Almond milk before and I just couldn't get used to the taste so I go with skim milk.. I'll stick to eating almonds instead lol
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer the texture of the almond milk to skim, so I use it for shakes and stuff.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Almond.....Go Steelers.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    almond milk all the way. I use it in my cereal and protein shake/smoothies.
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    for taste I would go with skim but i feel like almond is better nutritionally (not entirely sure) and use it in shakes, baking, breakfast stuff..
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk.

Stop worrying about the Fat esp since it's good healthy fat.
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, definitely!
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Almond Unsweetened. Use it for drinking straight up and for anything that you would normally use milk.
  • seanwebster
    seanwebster Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That small number of calories won't matter a whole lot. I personally prefer almond milk. Can't get past the taste of most soy stuff.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I like the low calories of the almond milk...I don't mind the fat content b/c it's coming from nuts which are a source of healthy fat.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    totally depends. If I want a glass of just straight up milk or when it comes to coffee and stuff, skim wins. But If I'm doing something that could turn out to be a lot carby-er (not a word) than I want it to be (cereal, protein smoothies) I use almond milk.
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coconut milk!!! or rice milk depends on my mood! LOL I don't drink cows milk.
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Unsweetend Vanilla Almond milk - unless it's for coffee then I have to use half & half...may eventually go to almond milk, but haven't made the switch yet.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Try Organic Vanilla Soymilk. It's delicious.
  • ImJDLookatME
    ImJDLookatME Posts: 290
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk for cereal but If I want a nice cold class of milk I go for the skim.
  • tlcawthorn
    tlcawthorn Posts: 5
    Options
    We switch between the two. My son and I love both! And soy milk. But when we do get the almond or soy milk, we get the vanilla flavor, and not just plain. Super good in smoothies, too!!
  • BeautEvilKells
    BeautEvilKells Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk.

Stop worrying about the Fat esp since it's good healthy fat.

^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^
  • Sveid
    Sveid Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk. I can drink that straight. So delicious.
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my smoothies and cereal...less harm to the environment if you catch my drift....:embarassed: