Can't seem to be doing anything right!

Options
I've been on a diet now since feb but only using my fitness pal for a week or two and already lost around 18 lbs in total (I was 128 and now I'm 110) but lately I haven't been able to lose any weight - i lost another pound last week but I've managed to put it back on :/
my food diary is public, any chance someone could have a look and tell me where i'm going wrong? :(
ps. I'm also going to the gym or going for a run about 4/5 times a week :)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    food diary isn't viewable
  • midgetio
    midgetio Posts: 57
    Options
    Ahh! I'll go and change it :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    If you're at 110, I'm guessing you are in a very healthy weight range. It is more difficult to lose and maintain once you have lower body fat.
  • midgetio
    Options
    Changed :-) and yeah other people have told me that my BMI is 21.5 so it's in the healthy weight I just wanna get down to 102-104 :-)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    You may not be doing anything wrong (haven't looked at your diary) but it may be that your body is comfortable with your eating pattern and/or exercise pattern, this happened to me several times (and am currently going through it right now) just do something to shake it up (add a day of exercise, do some different types of exercise that you haven't done before, have a blow out cheat day, rearrange how you're eating - if you have the same thing everyday, change up a meal or change up the calories in the meals- i.e. if you have 250 cal for breakfast 400 for lunch, ect, switch them around) I've seen a couple people mention that they found if they started eating more cals per day it helps.

Good luck, don't give up!
  • midgetio
    Options
    Thank you! I'll try doing that then :-) It's just really disheartening when you're trying really hard and you just can't seem to be shifting any weight :( but it's my birthday on friday so I think I might give myself a cheat day then! :p
  • candace_ndiaye
    candace_ndiaye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just looking over your diary. A couple of things I would mention COULD be the cause:

1) It looks like your dinner is more calories than you have the entire rest of the day. I know you don't get alot of calories to work with due to being a smaller person, but I'd say switch it up to making your biggest meal of the day either lunch or even breakfast. Think of it like this: The earlier your biggest meal is, the longer you have to burn it off throughout the day and the less likely you are to have alot left on your system when you go to sleep.

2) While I know you've mentioned here that you're a small person, have you calculated your TDEE? Honestly, it sounds like there's a really good chance you're not eating enough calories. I've just recently figured this out myself. There are lots of stories on the boards where people have figured this out and it kickstarted or restarted their weight loss.

With both of those said, neither of these may be it, you'll probably just have to play and see. :flowerforyou:
  • midgetio
    Options
    Thank yo , aha yeah its annoying cause i usually eat with my family in the evening and i don't have time in the day to have much big :/
    but i might try upping my calories to at least 1200 a day :) although I went a lot over today! :(
  • jodster333
    jodster333 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey, maybe try eating less carbs and a little more protein :-)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    At age 18 and at your size working out 5 days a week, your TDEE is around 2100 and you're eating around 900. That's your problem sweetie. Eat more food! And the timing of your calories has actually been shown not to matter one bit. Your body doesn't know what time it is.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    18 lbs since February is fantastic loss for 5 feet! I'm 5'1" started about the same weight and have lost 7 lbs (about 1/2 lb a week).

Maybe you need to change it up a bit, possibly eat more calories, change your exercise routine, change your diet to add more protein as suggested above.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    You're 18, weigh 110 and you want to lose weight? /eyeroll
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options

She's only 5ft tall. I'm 5'2 and I want to be back to 105. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein, drink more water and cut back on the carbs a bit. Make those carbs count when you do consume them.. Look for complex carbs versus simple ones. Just some basics as far as your diet goes. Also keeping it as clean as possible should help (ie: less processed stuff).

Add some resistance training to your regime too. While you may not actually lose more weight, you'll look great with some definition! If you're already running, keep that up kiddo!

On another note, great job knocking down 18lbs!! That's an accomplishment all in it's own!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I didn't see that you are logging your water or tracking sodium, I have found that those two parts of this whole process is important. 5', 18 yrs old and a goal of 102 is reasonable. Remember the closer you get to your goal the harder it is to get it to come off, the fact that you have taken off so much so quickly ... you may want to give your skin time to adjust too.

Best wishes.:flowerforyou:

Laura80111 @ 4'10.5" and still a ways to go:wink:
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    quick question

how small are you aiming at?? and why??
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It appears you had two cheat days this week, one one Monday and one today that is part of the problem.
  • midgetio
    Options
    Thanks guys! :-) I'll definatey take those things on board! I might try upping my calories to 1200-1500 but make them healthier? I don't think 102 is unreasonable for my height though :p
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Her "cheat" days were actually what she should be consuming on a daily basis. She's eighteen. Her body needs more nutrition than 900 calories a day.
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options

She's 5ft tall...her ideal weight may be less than 110.

I find I am no good at this weight loss journey...so I apologize that I cannot offer much advice. :smile: