Supposed to Take Dessert to a Friend's - HELP!!!

Options

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Oops....sorry. I didn't see the part about no bake dessert.

You could get some small pastry shells and fill with sugar free pudding and top with whipped topping. Maybe a cherry on top?

I like other's ideas with the strawberries, too. :drinker:
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Angel lush cake. Look at my recipes!! 200 calories per serving and its delicious!!!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Cut up fruit, with cool whip.. You could do berries mixed blueberries, strawberries. or angel food cake with a can of fruit mixed in with cool whip.

Or sugar free jello/fuit/cool whip

So many healthy choices, just probably not the type of dessert we would want! :) like cheesecake, cake with frosting, cupcakes, and cookies..
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bring the strawberries and whipped cream and add angel food cake to it! do sugar free if you want! :)

That's what I was going to say. I've brought this a few times to things and it was always a hit! I have even made some sugar free jello and poured it over the angel food cake before putting on the strawberries and whipped cream
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You've got the strawberries and cream..just get some raspberries and meringue nests and make Eton Mess :)
  • Avengertk
    Avengertk Posts: 102
    Options
    Eton mess nice and easy, marangue nest, creme freche and summer fruits .... lower cals than you might think xx
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mix 8oz low fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of powedered sugar. Hull some strawberries and then pipe that cream cheese filling into them. Crush a reduced fat graham cracker and dip the filled strawberry tops in the crushed graham cracker. Strawberry cheesecake bites. ~40 calories each and so yummy!!

I'm going to a potluck next week and am switching to bringing these!! Yum!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    bumoing for later
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Chocolate strawberry trifle:

1 angel food cake (chocolate or plain)
    3 individual cups of jello chocolate pudding (i use sugar free)
    strawberries or any other kind of berry
    nuts (optional) i often use crunchy granola or heath bar in a pinch
    ff or sugar free whipped cream

break cake into 1 inch chunks and layer in a medium to large trifle or bowl as follows:

cake
    pudding
    berries
    whipped cream
    nuts
    cake
    pudding
    berries
    whipped cream
    nuts and berries for a pretty topping

Makes 8 big servings

it takes like 5 minutes. It is super yummy with a HUGE portion around 250-300 cals per serving. you could totally do a half serving and be satisfied :)
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Get home from work, pass out on couch with puppy.

Stop by Fresh Market on way to friend's house. Purchase fruit tart. When dessert is served, eat the fruit and leave most of the custard and crust.

Optional: Transfer to your own platter and claim you made the tart (I didn't do this step).

It went over really well and my friend packed me yummy leftovers from dinner for lunch today!

I'm totally saving this thread - I'll volunteer to bring dessert every time with these ideas!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Just bring fruit (strawberries, pineapple, bananas, etc.) and a bag of dark chocolate chips with some skewers. Melt the chips at the party and everyone can make their own chocolate fondue!

Another good one is to get a pre-made angel food cake, some blueberries, strawberries and kiwis. Slice the cake into two or three layers, top each layer with fruit and cool whip. With the cake it there it might be more successful :)
  • VanGroovyBear
    Options
    Take light greek yogurt and sliced strawberries or raspberries....super easy :)
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Dessert Nachos:

Get some whole grain (NOT whole wheat) tortillas, put a little olive oil on them, dust LIGHTLY with cinnamon and stevia/sugar, cut them into wedges and bake them until crispy. Cut up some strawberries while this is baking. Once the chips are done, arrange a single layer on a plate and then toss the strawberries on top. Now, get some dark chocolate chips and melt them using a double boiler. use a spoon to lightly drizzle the chocolate over the whole thing. Top with light whipped cream.

Done properly, these clock in around 200 Calories per serving and are an excellent novelty.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    Seconding, thirding, and fourthing the fresh fruit suggestion. I've never known anyone to turn down fresh fruit at an event unless they're allergic.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Oreo balls

Cream cheese fat free
    1 bag of oreo cookies
    1 bag of semi sweet choc chips

put the oreos in a food processor and chop them up to crumbs
    add the cream cheese to the oreo crumbs and mix well forming a ball
    pinch off the ball to make smaller ones and place on wax paper
    melt choc chips
    dip balls in chocolate and return them to the wax paper
    put in fridge and in about 30 minutes they are ready to eat

Warning they are not fat free and I don't know how many calories but if you only had one or two it shouldn't be that bad
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mix 8oz low fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of powedered sugar. Hull some strawberries and then pipe that cream cheese filling into them. Crush a reduced fat graham cracker and dip the filled strawberry tops in the crushed graham cracker. Strawberry cheesecake bites. ~40 calories each and so yummy!!

I know what I'm making this weekend

17134251.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am also bumping for later... there are some really delicious sounding low cal desserts in here :-)
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Avacado chocolate pudding, BEST no cook desert EVER! Very rich, very awesome.

ps it is gluten free and vegan as is, but if you don't have the Almond Milk sub in Cow's Milk or soya... if you don't have agava nectar sub in honey

http://www.forgivingmartha.com/2011/06/avocado-chocolate-pudding.html
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    bring the strawberries and whipped cream and add angel food cake to it! do sugar free if you want! :)

This is exactly what I was going to suggest!!!
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

O>M>G I am so stealing this. I want to go to the store RIGHT now for this. You are so awesome for posting this!! I think I love you :heart: :heart: :heart: :blushing: