List your favorite: low Calorie and most filling tasty meal!

Options
TinySal
TinySal Posts: 14 Member
List your favorite(s) low calorie, filling and tastey meals with calorie counts

Replies

• Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    2 slices rye bread
    1 medium lettuce leaf or 2 romaine leaf
    2 medium green pepper rings
    2 slices tomato
    3 medium onion rings
    4 slices turkey, 2 slices roast beef
    3-4 thin slices block colby cheese (low fat %2 milk)
    244cal-300
  • mistymamas
    mistymamas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    2 slices rye bread
    1 medium lettuce leaf or 2 romaine leaf
    2 medium green pepper rings
    2 slices tomato
    3 medium onion rings
    4 slices turkey, 2 slices roast beef
    3-4 thin slices block colby cheese (low fat %2 milk)
    244cal-300

makes me hungry!
  • niightwind
    niightwind Posts: 81
    Options
    My all-time favorite is tortillas! Low calorie, filling til my "afternoon snack", and switching to low-sodium turkey has been a plus.

Recipe:
    2 Grimm's Fine Foods - Corn Tortillas (90 calories for 2)
    Reduced-sodium Turkey Breast Slices - 1 or 2 slices on each tortilla (approx 70 calories for 4 slices)
    A small bit of cheese - I use "Kraft Habanero Shredded Cheese" for some heat ;) (approx 80 calories)
    Shredded lettuce (approx 10 calories)

Toast the tortilla on one side in a microwave (or oven) for about 30 seconds.
    Flip over, add cheese, and toast the second side for about 30 seconds.
    Wrap up the tortilla and eat!

Total calories for the two tortillas with 2 slices of turkey on each: 250 calories

They're my favorite. :)
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    2 x slices of seeded, wheat free, gluten free, dairy free brown bread (or normal bread... for you non wheat intolerant people... :-) ) I like mine toasted.
    1 x poached eggs
    2 x lettuce
    A couple of small grilled mushrooms
    A couple of sliced tomato
    Some peeled cucumber
    half tablespoon mustard
    half tablespoon extra light mayo
    half tablespoon brown sauce (HP over here in the UK)

YUMMY sandwich for 320-350 calories. Favourite post work out meal...
    side by side with my vanilla protein shake.
    Keeps me full for ages.
    If i am reallllly hungry I tend to add an extra egg just for that little bit extra.
  • Annie_ga
    Annie_ga Posts: 72
    Options
    Google Cooking Light Crock- Chili. I substituted lean turkey to ground beef and I added a can of pinto beans too. Calories are 243 per serving which is 1.25 cups + 1 TBS of cheddar. I ate this with cottage cheese which was another 50 calories. So yummy and easy. My whole family loved it. Good luck.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Toast one flat-out light bread in a pan until crispy. While that is cooking, in another pan add 4 ounces of diced chicken and whatever veggies you want and season to taste ( I use Mrs. Dash). I usually use broccoli and mushrooms. After then chicken and veggies are done, toss them onto the bread while it is still in the pan and sprinkle a small amount of mozzarella cheese and diced tomatoes on top and put the lid on it so it will melt. Cut like a pizza and consume. I usually never get it above 300 calories (depends on how much veggies you use) and it is VERY filling.
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsPodaski
    MrsPodaski Posts: 34
    Options
    Spinach N Bacon Salad Serves 4- 80 cal each; I usually eat 2 servings, it's so... good and only 160 calories if I do that.

1 7 oz bag spinach leaves
    16 fat free caeser croutons

Dressing: 1/4 C white vinegar, 1/4 C water, 3 TBSP SPlenda, 1/4 C dijon or honey mustard whisked together.

Saute 5 strips of center cut bacon, thinly sliced into strips, 1/2 red or white chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic minced over med high heat until crispy 4 or 5 min, Add vinegar mixture to pan and heat 1-2 min, Pour over spinach and croutons.

Big meal, big taste, low calories. I got this from the Splenda website, they had some good recipes.:smile:
  • camjam89
    camjam89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cobrien830
    cobrien830 Posts: 16
    Options
    bump
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm still experimenting...

Breakfast:
    1 Smart & Delicious Tortilla (High fiber 12g, low carb, whole wheat, 9") = 80 calories
    2 large eggs (scrambled with Pam - butter flavored) = 80 calories
    2 slices of broken up turkey bacon = 30 calories
    1/10 cup Weight Watchers shredded cheese (basically a pinch) = 24 calories

Warm the tortilla up in the microwave for a few seconds, put the bacon on the bottom or mixed in with the eggs and wrap it up! VERY filling. Those tortillas are the bomb.

Going to give up the cheese because I couldn't taste it, but you could add in some salsa for only 10 calories depending on what kind you buy. I had to give up the Egg Beaters because they just didn't agree with me. I was feeling very sick after eating them even though it tasted good.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Also made a Creamy chicken & broccoli casserole last weekend. I don't know if the calories are EXACT, but I'm sure they are close...

1lb of boneless, skinless chicken breast (boiled)
    1 package of frozen broccoli
    1 can of Campbells 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
    3 tbsp of Light Hellmann's Mayo
    1 cup of fat free shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Boil chicken. I bought a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts at 1.8lbs so it was a little more in calories, but not much. I cut the three chicken breasts in half and boiled them until cooked. Pull the chicken out and set on a plate. Season with whatever you want. I used pepper, little paprika and parsley.

Mix the can of soup with the mayo. Put the broccoli in the casserole dish. Cut up the chicken into cubes. Put the chicken over the broccoli. Pour soup/mayo mixture over the broccoli. Mix well. Top with the cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Highly recommend cooking the broccoli before baking. My broccoli had a little bite to it. If you like a little bite to it then by all means... I like them nice and soft so I'd cook it beforehand next time.

Serves 4 people. Came out to be 416 calories per serving. I cut it in forths. You could probably do without the mayo and the cheese. You could also substitute in your favorite veggies.
  • TinySal
    Options
    what brand do you buy...always looking for a good tasting gluten free bread
  • TinySal
    Options
    Very cool thanks...I have been on the same weight since MARCH 30th...partly my fault...partly just dang stubborn weight. Ughh. I need a good kick in the bootie and the best chance and not making stupid choices.

You are awesome...thanks
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    SHRIMP TACOS!!!:love::love: :love:

1/2 bag.
    Medium raw shrimp- peeled & deveined (approx. 112 pcs.)
    1 packet ----Taco Seasoning
    2 large
    Onions (diced)
    10 sprigs---Cilantro (chopped)
    4 cups
    Purple cabbage (shredded)
    1 cup
    Lime Crema (sour cream + fresh-squeezed lime juice)
    La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Fiber & Flax Yellow Corn Tortillas

[makes 5 servings]

Cook shrimp in skillet. Add taco seasoning (and water as directed on packet.) Dice onions, chop cilantro (& mix two together), and shred cabbage...set aside. Make lime crema (to taste.) Warm tortillas in pan (you may grease lightly with olive oil, butter, or- preferably- lard/bacon grease.) Build taco and be merry!!!

122 calories per taco :wink:
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Spinach N Bacon Salad Serves 4- 80 cal each; I usually eat 2 servings, it's so... good and only 160 calories if I do that.

Dressing: 1/4 C white vinegar, 1/4 C water, 3 TBSP SPlenda, 1/4 C dijon or honey mustard whisked together.

Saute 5 strips of center cut bacon, thinly sliced into strips, 1/2 red or white chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic minced over med high heat until crispy 4 or 5 min, Add vinegar mixture to pan and heat 1-2 min, Pour over spinach and croutons.

Big meal, big taste, low calories. I got this from the Splenda website, they had some good recipes.:smile:

I can't wait to try this!
  • bando_4_life
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I can't wait to try this!

Sounds good but I would do apple cider vinegar, white vinegar makes me too suseptible to Candida Yeast stuff and liquid stevia instead of Splenda. I normally use olive oil with my apple cider vinegar, but this would work and/or lemon juice too.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey breast
    salsa (with tomato, onion, etc.), use a lot.
    Organic Romaine lettuce
    Can of Organic Kidney beans

mix for a "taco salad". No need for tortilla chips/tortillas, sour cream or ranch or anything.
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't remember who I borrowed this from, but it is really good and easy to make:

The 1 1/2 cup portion
    165 calories, 35g carbs, 1g fat, 11g protein, 9g fiber, and 3g sugar

Ingredients:

1 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 medium uncooked onion, finely chopped
    4 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
    45 oz canned black beans, undrained, divided (three 15 oz cans)
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
    1 tsp ground cumin
    14 1/2 oz fat-free chicken broth, or vegetable broth
    10 oz canned tomatoes with green chilis, such as Rotel Tomatoes
    11 oz canned yellow corn, drained
    ( I just use frozen corn instead of canned)

Instructions:
    Coat bottom of a large stockpot with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.

Place one can of beans in blender; add sautéed onion mixture, red pepper flakes and cumin. Cover and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture back into stockpot.

Place second can of beans and broth in blender and puree until smooth; add to stockpot.

Stir third can of beans (do not puree first), tomatoes and green chilies, and corn into stockpot. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of soup per serving.