Success with Herbalife???

Options
I'm ordering my herbalife quick start kit tomorrow...just wondering if anyone has had any success with it. I have seen a couple of my friends have great success with it and i have tried everything else and figure with my lifestyle...this might actually work for me. I have lost 35 lbs on Atkins before, I have tried WW, no carb, low carb, fat free and always gain the weight back. Being 37 i find it much harder right now to even take the weight off at all. It used to be so easy!!!! I lost 65 lbs 3 years ago going through a divorce...I was so happy...had such amazing self esteem...and now I have gained approx. 30lbs of it back. I feel disgusted in myself and feel like people look at me and think...'she's just letting herself go again'. I'm so self conscious (sp). I need to do this...I need to lose the weight. I want to lose approx. 40 lbs. I shouldn't say that...I want to lose however much weight it takes me to get back into my size 10 jeans. Lol. I have a whole wardrobe from 3 years ago that i'm now wearing anymore and i want them back!! Just wondered what everyone else's experiences have been and how much you really spent a month on the products. $ is a huge issue for me.

Replies

• veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lost 54 lbs in 1999-2000 (over an 8 month period) w/ herbalife. The program that I did is still around but they don't sell the literature to go w/ it anymore.. it was the high protein, low carb shake mix (2 shakes a day, 2 snacks, 1 meal - nothing over 5 carbs, eat most meat/veggies/cheese).
    I started their current program yesterday.. I tried it last year but wasn't successful because I couldn't stop cheating. I'm back on it and doing well.. (for 2 days anyways, lol). Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump. A fellow teacher at my school sells this. Has seen great results within his family. He's offering me 'free' personal training if I try it for a month.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    it was digusting, I paid $100 for a complete system and I wound up giving it away for free. A friend of mine sent me some Body by Vi recently and so far it taste a heck of a lot better.. I'm excited to see if there are results.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't use the "program" per se, but we have a Herbalife sales person locally that is running a protein shake bar near the gym. I don't have a gym membership (my husband does, but he also has a steady paycheck!), but I do still utilize the protein bar for lunches or a snack before a evening bike ride. They have such a huge variety and I love them. My favorite is the S'more one, but I also love the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and the White Wedding Cake is to DIE for. Yum!
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know someone who was on it and he lost a grip of weight. Too spendy for me tho. :)
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    tried it , hated it, I prefer food.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yes. My husband and I have been using it for 8 weeks and are very pleased with our results. I've lost 32 and he's lost 48. We both are very heavy hence the quick loss. I've done WW, Atkins, etc. and have lost and gained all back plus more. I'm pleased with how healthy I feel with Herbalife. It's not for everyone and I'm not here to talk anyone into it. I just know that we love it. We are both teachers and have some colleagues who have seen our success so they are going to start using it, too.
    :)
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I did use it to lose about 40 pounds about 15 years ago. If you want to save $ on it, you can usually find it cheaper on eBay. (And I have to say, I don't recommend the cafe latte shake flavor.)
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a while.....it just wasn't for me at the time...but I know it works if you stick with it(just like anything else).I especially loved the shakes with the sf pudding mixes and different flavorings in them.....my favorite one used the pumpkin spice pudding mix.
    I left a Herbalife site to come here.....you might enjoy it..it's free....iChange.com
  • m_inman
    m_inman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How much does it cost?????
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The quick start kit is like $116...which is what i'm starting with. I went to a shake party a friend was having and was very skeptical but i loved the shakes. I think my favorite was the peanut butter cup! YUMMMMMM!!!!!
    So encouraging to hear everyone's results with the program. I can't wait to get mine in the mail and get started!!!
  • kristynkayte
    Options
    I will have to try that website...thank you so much!!!
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love love love it. I've lost 60 pounds since January and it's been such an easy plan for me. I've even started working out and that's something I would never have done prior to Herbalife.
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I tried it once, my mom got it from a friend. I lost about 8lbs over a month. Picked it all back up the next month.
  • kristynkayte
    Options
    that is awesome to hear!!! congrats to you!!! I just ordered my kit this morning. I can not wait to get it and get started!!
  • ealaniz2
    ealaniz2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started on it back in 2008 and lost 36 lbs in about 4 months. I got pregnant in 2011 and when I went back to it it didn't work the same. I really liked it but sometimes in the mornings I craved salty so that is when I started not wanting the shakes. I am currently on ww but seriously thinking on giving herbalife another try.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Alright I will bite. What is HerbalLife exactly?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Holy 2 year old zombie thread, Batman! Wondering how all these people did. ...

my advice? Save your money. Learn portion control and sustainable lifestyle
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Alright I will bite. What is HerbalLife exactly?

It's a great way to lighten up your wallet and pay for what MFP does for you for free.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Holy 2 year old zombie thread, Batman! Wondering how all these people did. ...

my advice? Save your money. Learn portion control and sustainable lifestyle
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Well, the OP hasn't logged in over 23 months. Also +1 to the link above. save your money.