Diet foods..

Options
mommajolynn
mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
Lean Cuisen.. Healthy Choice... Smart Ones... Progessive Soups..

I'm trying to see if I do ok with Lean Cuisens but I wanted to see what others think... they are mainly for lunch since I work at the mall and everything in the food court is either way expensive or way fattening..

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I eat Lean Cuisines for dinner and pair it with a salad on the weekdays. I try not to eat them on the weekends because I try to cook more. I like the Lean Cuisines. I think they actually taste GOOD. My boyfriend eats Healthy Choice and he loves them and just has them for lunch.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'd encourage you to pre-cook your lunch. Those Lean Cuisine type foods tend to be packed with sodium and not very satisfying because the companies have mostly hopped on the "low-fat" bandwagon.
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I prefer Kashi frozen meals, some ethnic gourmet and Amy's organic. I agree with prior poster - some can be high in sodium so check labels.
  • GetFitDiva777
    GetFitDiva777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i also think you would be way more satisfied with cooking your week's meals or lunches ahead of time and then packaging for lunch. i love chicken breasts. in addition, i would buy frozen brocolli or other vegetables and a loaf of french bread. i also love south beach's meal replacement bars or shakeology meal replacement shakes.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I agree with a couple of the previous posters - bringing your lunch from home is going to save you money and you will get better quality nutrition for your calories. I don't think there's much wrong with those frozen meals if you eat them every now and again, but as a regular lunch - I wouldn't go there. Much better to make a big batch of soup or stir fry or chilli on the weekend and bring that to work with you.
  • jennifer418
    jennifer418 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to pre-cook my lunches for work and if I can't I like Healthy Choice Steamers and usually a salad. I agree with the previous post that the frozen meals have a lot of sodium, but some days it is easy to grab one of those frozen meals out of the freezer when you don't have time to make a lunch in the morning.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I like Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers, and Healthy Choice meals. You will just have to try them out and find your favorites. The sodium can be a little high, but they are about $3 each, so they are cheap lunches.