high praise from 10 year boy

Options
cantjustcant
cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
Interesting night at the ball field. I took the boys bubble gum and sunflower seeds for on the bench like I always do but forgot to bring with me on Tuesday. I heard the coach tell the boys to thank Brian's mom. One of the boys asked my son where his mom was. He pointed to me and the kid said "that's not your mom. Your mom is fat." Then looked again and said "holy crap that is your mom. She's like all skinny now"

My son told him that I run to the games and the boy came over and said "You are a beast" High praise from 10 year olds tonight!!!

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Kids are brutally honest. So when one says something like this, you know you're doing well. haha.

Good job!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You're a beast! Awesome :smile:
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    Reading this gave me super happy grins!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I love kids!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    That is so awesome! God knows my 11 year old stepson is my most honest friend, lol! He does not sugar coat anything. He once told a friend of mine that her shirt made her look desparate. I guess that was his polite way of telling her to go put some clothes on....haha!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Well take that on board. That is the most awesome compliment if ever I hear one!!!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! That put a huge smile on my face reading that so I can only imagine hat it did for you!
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    here's my " creative response" .. THAT'S AWESOME!!!! love it when 10 year old boys acknowledge it!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Love this! You are amazing!!!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    sweet!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    congrats! Kids are the most honest about how they feel!
  • losingit1970
    losingit1970 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is so awesome. My 4 yr old daughter is super honest too. I just started my weight loss journey a week ago. She recently said "You're fat. Mommy." OUCH! That hurt, but it was the truth! Your weight loss is very inspirational and I hope to get lots of weight of like you have! Thanks for your post.
  • april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Kids are brutally honest. So when one says something like this, you know you're doing well. haha.

Good job!

Exactly what I was going to say LOL My 14 yr old brother (who never notices anything) complimented my legs and called them "sick" haha thank you running! :)
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lol....Got to love the kids for being honest. If you every want to know the truth about how you look, smell, etc. ask a kid!

YOU ROCK! Rock on!
  • dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ten year olds are honest, that means you've done well.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yep you know you've done well when a kid says so! Great job!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Best part about it is that you know that kids don't sugar coat things or lie :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That is so CUTE!! Go ahead, BEAST!! Congrats!!!
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yay you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!