Biggest Loser Fitness Monitor

Options
LilacDreamer
LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
It's on sale on groupon. Just wondering if anyone has it and how it compares to the Fitbit and the Bodybugg (which I know very little about)

I think I remember them selling it a few years ago, when my mother in law went to curves...but i could be wrong. the lights look familiar.

Edit: It's actually called a "Slim coach" sorry about that

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    Options
    anyone?
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I posted something about this earlier and no one answered me either. I have the body media fit right now, but was wondering if the slimcoach was any good.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    How do you like f? I'm 10 days into my new bodybugg, not sure if I want to keep it. Do u feel like its accurate?
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I like the body media fit and think it's been accurate so far. I've lost 12.2 pounds in the 6 weeks that I have had it. My only complaint about it is that it's not discreet. I don't care when I'm at home or the gym, but kind of awkward for going out unless I have sleeves long enough to cover it.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I love my bodymedia. My arms are so fat that I always wear sleeves long enough to hide it and if someone saw it I would just tell them I'm wearing what they wear on The Biggest Loser and losing weight :-)

and yes, I feel like it's very accurate.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    I love my bodymedia. My arms are so fat that I always wear sleeves long enough to hide it and if someone saw it I would just tell them I'm wearing what they wear on The Biggest Loser and losing weight :-)

Sorry but we are not talking about the body media fit...we are talking about the Biggest Loser Slim Coach....its a very different product,
  • Omen_Alexia
    Omen_Alexia Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Sorry but we are not talking about the body media fit...we are talking about the Biggest Loser Slim Coach....its a very different product,

She was joining in the discussion that bloomed from the original thread; was this really necessary? I feel like it was a bit rude.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options

She was joining in the discussion that bloomed from the original thread; was this really necessary? I feel like it was a bit rude.

Was it really necessary to comment and state you feel it was a "bit rude?" I feel like your comment about my comment was a "bit rude"

Those of us posting in this thread are trying to find out if anyone has used the product we are referring to. There are many other threads for the bodymedia fit, but this one really isn't about that, and I would appreciate sticking to the original topic.

Thanks.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Bumping.

The Biggest Loser "Slim coach" is still available on groupon . So does anyone have any experience with it?
  • calicat40
    calicat40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i found mixed reviews for the slimcoach on the best buy boards. I think I will wait and get a different product. sounds like this one crashes alot and has other technical problems.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Same concept as the BodyMediaFit and BodyBugg and FitBit.

http://www.medipattern.com/smartcoach/home.html

Track your movements and apply normal formulas for how many calories to move so much mass.
    Accuracy depends on movements really matching the formula's they are using.
    Except - it has option to receive HRM strap HR info, and depending on formula there, estimate your exercise calories much better.

Non-movement or low movement activity is given calorie burns of BMR while sleeping and RMR while little movement.
    Accuracy depends on their calculated BMR formula matching your real BMR.

Subscription required for syncing and viewing data.
    Visual encouragement to keep moving.

So it sounds like the great improvement is including ability to receive HRM data and use it.

Some limitations of course talked about. When it'll be decently accurate without HRM strap. Fact you have to buy their Polar strap, not use your current, ect.

http://www.medipattern.com/smartcoach/support/faq.htm