Uber obsession with this site????

Options
Ok, I'm totalllly obsessed with this site. I started a month and a half ago thinking that it would be another fluke, but I LOVE IT! I had to learn to approximate calories burned (I don't think an hour of rollerblading burns 800 calories :noway: ) and tweak calories eaten, but in the bigger picture, it has been extremely helpful. Before, I didn't realize exactly HOW MANY (lots!) calories I would consume on a daily basis. Sooo, now if I even have 5 crackers, I'm thinking in my head that I have to input that into here. If I'm not near a computer, then I write it on a little post-it for later :wink: ! Anyway, just thought I would share...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I am right with you there! I am obsessed and lurking all the time when I am at a computer. Otherwise, I am out at the gym because I know this will haunt me if I don't go. ;) Plus by being in a group, they keep me accountable for my actions.

I am actually doing this for real this time. :drinker:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Did you just say über? That's so funny. I just used über in another post. I'm obsessed with MFP too! What a great obsession though.
  • jojogirl
    Options
    I'm on here to log food
    I'm on here to log exercise
    I'm on here intermittenly all day long just to read the message boards and reply to them!!
    It's crazy isn't it? My new obsession MFP who knew? Love it
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I love this site too. It is so helpful I found out that my issue was not what I was eating but what I was not eating. after being here for a few weeks I just naturally got into the habit of thinking before it went into my mouth :noway: Now if someone could PLEASE direct me to the MFP addicts anonomous site I would be greatful :bigsmile:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing. It keeps us focused!!!!
  • trshumway
    trshumway Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have to say "ditto" to everything that JazzyJules just said about being obsessed with this site. I was recently at a baby shower and snuck away to the bathroom to write down everything I ate and drank to report in my Food Diary later - is that sad, or what - I didn't want to forget! Truthfully, this site has helped me modify my eating habits so that I always feel full and satisfied with my meals, but still lose weight at the same time. I never feel deprived because I still eat what I like, but in smaller portions based on the insight I have gained from using this site. Anyways, I felt compelled to chime in when I read the post because I am addicted to this site as well, but I believe it is a healthy addiction. Thanks for listening! :)
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm totalllly obsessed with this site. I started a month and a half ago thinking that it would be another fluke, but I LOVE IT! I had to learn to approximate calories burned (I don't think an hour of rollerblading burns 800 calories :noway: ) and tweak calories eaten, but in the bigger picture, it has been extremely helpful. Before, I didn't realize exactly HOW MANY (lots!) calories I would consume on a daily basis. Sooo, now if I even have 5 crackers, I'm thinking in my head that I have to input that into here. If I'm not near a computer, then I write it on a little post-it for later :wink: ! Anyway, just thought I would share...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I've only been on MFP for 11 lbs of the weight I've lost. However, I do spend a lot of time here to log food and excersise. It's also an excellent time waster at work. Good thing the IT guy is symathetic, He lost 100 lbs few years ago and has kept it off.

I think just the thought of logging everything I eat has helped keep me more focused. When I started this process, before I even made any changes to my diet or developed an excersise routine I spent two weeks researching the foods I at at the time. Looked at all the fast food places and what I was putting into my body. I was astonished at what I found. My favorite meal at Quizno's, that I thought was healthy....was 1700 calories. WTF? The 44 oz Mt Dew I had EVERY MORNING, 644 calories.

Sometimes I want to kick my own *kitten*. Well, I kind of feel I have after doing weights this morning and C25K this evening. But it's going to take a lot of *kitten* kicking to get there.
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    Did you just say über? That's so funny. I just used über in another post. I'm obsessed with MFP too! What a great obsession though.

i saw the title of this post and smiled to myself...thats my boyfriends last name:heart:
  • numberscolors
    Options
    for real!!! i've been on here for 5-ish days and it has helped me become more aware of my eating habits and has helped me improve them significantly in a short period of time. i'm actually eating more food, more frequently than i was before i joined, but consuming healthier, balanced meals and snacks. i feel full, but also have a ton of energy.

i love seeing 3 well-rounded meals and healthy snacks in my log at the end of the day AND seeing weight loss results.

also, i think it's important (for me, at least) to use the calorie counter as more of a guide to make sure i'm eating decent proportions of quality foods. obsessing over every single calorie consumed can be pretty emotionally taxing!
  • jazzyjules2004
    jazzyjules2004 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Yes...uber is such a funny word :laugh: :laugh:
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    oh yea im soooo obssessed with this site! its a great obssession though i think!! because of this site.. i will definitely make it to my goal weight instead of wishing about it!!! im looking at being done by Jan/Feb =]
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I just started a month ago, and it has quickly replaced my facebook addiction! I will admit that right now I have fb on my other tab, but I spend more time on here surfing the boards looking for new recipes to try. Good news is that several of my family members, and even a friend, have joined me on here. Now if we could just add chatting capabilities. . . Ok, maybe not because I would probably NEVER get off then!
  • liz72
    liz72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Count me among the obsessed, too. LOL! I always look forward to eating and entering my meals into my diary. It has kept me honest, and I like being able to plan my snacks before I eat them to make sure they fit within my allowances.

I've been so crazy about it, now my BFF just started using it this week to see just how many calories she's been consuming, too. She loves my printed reports.
  • courtneyweiss
    Options
    If being obsessed with this site is wrong, I don't want to be right. :laugh:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I really like this site as well.
    I'm looking at it many times while at work.

I'm able to do the food & exercise updates - can read the posts but I'm not able to reply to posts at work. So that is what I do once home - reply to posts.

I have suggested this site to a handful of people.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I have suggested this site to many people, (including two of my relatives who have replied to this post:), and will continue to do so. I am somewhat obsessed with it, trying to get my food logged to see if I can have that all important evening snack, which is why I sat down at the computer right now! However, I feel that at this point in my life it is a healthy obsession, and I don't think that I would be where I am right now on my journey to health if I hadn't found this site, thanks to my friend who suggested it to me! Here's to healthy choices!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I just started a month ago, and it has quickly replaced my facebook addiction! I will admit that right now I have fb on my other tab, but I spend more time on here surfing the boards looking for new recipes to try. Good news is that several of my family members, and even a friend, have joined me on here. Now if we could just add chatting capabilities. . . Ok, maybe not because I would probably NEVER get off then!

I hear you on that! haha. Chatting = never leaving. :tongue:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    ditto!
    I come & log in every calorie burned or consumed immediately!
    It's addictive!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

I know! Facebook has become all but a distant memory for me. Until I found MFP, I was running several groups on Facebook, competitions, editing...now I barely bother with it. This is a much healthier habit. :smile:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love this site too. Both of my sisters and my brother-in-law are on here now too based on my reccommendation. And I have started being on here way more than on facebook.

My favorite feature is that "if every day were like today" feature. It is SO motivating to see that at the end of a good day. Even on a bad day it helps, just to keep it all in perspective.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!