Options
f1ctional
f1ctional Posts: 235
Any ideas suggestions etc.?

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Inspiration for what? Life, love, weight loss... ?
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What inspires you? On my profile is a tat I got of a phoenix. It's my inspiration every day. Reminds me that while I'm going thru so much, out of total destruction, I can rise again, and be even more beautiful than before. But this jes me. All my tats are my artwork. I drew them, and they are meant to remind and inspire me.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I have WWCND tattoo'd on my wrist.

I can't help.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Depends on what you are into. Things that would be inspirational to one person is different then another.

For me things like an old warrior shield across my back with a ring of Nordic design would be awesome, especially with a leather strap going across to connect to the front with an image of a dragon etched in the center of the shield. But that's only inspirational to me because that's where my roots started thus the reason for Nordic design, the shield being that my life is protected, and the dragon for the spirit that is within me. This would complete my tattoo. I have a Valkyrie head with helm and stone eyes on my right shoulder to watch over me right now - I drew it so it means a lot to me.

My sister has a design for her new one that incorporates her favorite animal, flower, and phrase. She currently has a dragon eating it's own tail on her foot, the image is the sign for eternity.

My Dad got barbed wire around his upper arm because it was cool.

All depends on what you like and think about certain designs. Good luck finding inspiration.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a betta tattoo when I'm ready.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options

Yea I meant weight loss, forgot to add that in there..
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    A tape measure that looks to be cutting into skin, blood dripping down slightly for affect the tapes says something motivational to you example "Fitness for life" "Blood and Sweat to get here" "Never going back"

Silly thing popped in my head- a cartoon potato lifting a barbell above its head under it says one hot spud. (please don't dis me on that one it's was funny to me :S)
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You should get a hello kitty tattoo. Then when you hit your target weight, kick everyones *kitten* who made fun of it.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'd go with something that goes through a metamorphosis. Like a caterpillar/butterfly. Like maybe the butterfly coming out of the pupa.
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Agreed with other posts- depends on what you are in to, what are your likes? This is a tough one.

I have a small shoe with wings that I got after my 1st marathon.....
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Yea I meant weight loss, forgot to add that in there..

Maybe a tattoo of Bob from the Biggest Loser....then he could, like, always be inspiring you.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    i got a tattoo of a cherry blossom tree on my arm. The tree means beauty and represents the cycle of life. Everything blossoms and everything dies.

This to me is inspirational because I know I have the power to lose this weight and makes me think that I'm still beautiful no matter what.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You should get a hello kitty tattoo. Then when you hit your target weight, kick everyones *kitten* who made fun of it.

LOL this cracked me up.
  • anastasiaevans
    Options
    I have one tattoo and the words mean a lot to me it says"my greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime I fall"
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I have a plum blossom branch across my back in memory of my son. They signify strength through adversity.

But no one can pick for you. You have to love it forever!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This is tiny, so it's hard to see, but it is a kanji for "perseverance"
    2193703_718.jpg

It was my gift to myself after shedding a ton of weight and getting fit and healthy.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Any ideas suggestions etc.?
    My suggestion is: Don't get one.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    a tattoo of me would be so inspirational.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    a tattoo of me would be so inspirational.

_snw_ is super inspirational....everyone should get a tattoos of her!!! She sh*ts awesomeness
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask other people for ideas, I wouldn't do it. I mulled over mine for several years (back piece- Phoenix Wings) and revised the design several times before I settled on the final artwork. Don't get one on a whim. I have a second smaller tat I very much regret...