belly flab

Options
Ok, so it has been just over two years since i had my daughter and I still have a large 'pouch' as I call it, under my belly button. It even flaps over my pubic area- and i HATE it. When I am exercising it gets sweaty and itchy and I want it gone? |It always feels like my underwear are falling down because it feels like an elastic band around my waste- just so annoying. Has anyone out there had this and been able to exercise it away??

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, sadly, you can't really spot lose. All you can do is keep losing weight and it should go down. You could try some abdominal workouts to target the area, but it won't make it disappear. Perhaps some lower abdominal workouts: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/best-lower-ab-workout-lower-abdominal-exercises.html

Hope that helps somewhat.
  • raemundo
    raemundo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My son is a year and a half old, but I still have that pouch. It's not too too big, but it's really annoying and makes me look fatter than I am when I'm naked! I just keep doing cardio and lower ab work outs and hope it goes away!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work girls!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Don't stop or it'll still be there when you're my age...:frown:
    Lose it while you're young... take it from me -:sad:
    my pouch is still there & my kids are all grown!
    :grumble:
  • debbiejo
    Options
    I totally have the belly flab and also a high tummy that looks like I am 5 months pregnant. It's not very attractive and really hard to find the right clothes to wear. I started this diet when a lady was so convinced that I was pregnant that she asked when I was due at a meeting with about 6 other people. I don't know who was more embarrassed - me or her!! I have a three year old and a six year old, and blaming it on the pregnancies just doesn't work anymore.... darn!! I thought it was a tumor, but no - it is just me. I was hoping the doctor could just remove it, but no such luck :wink:

I bought the book "Abs Diet for Women", and it has some great diet and nutrition information that are geared to reducing the dreaded central core area. It has some great recipes and exercises too. The book targets strength training for legs and arms, and focuses less on abs because he claims those areas lose fat easier and quicker - I have really found that to be true! I am trying to do all of the arms and leg exercises, but also doing double duty on the abs. They must GO!!

The book claims to cure you within 6 weeks... but that did not work for me (more like 6 years). I think I have much further to go in my weight loss and flabby tummy inches than his average target audience... who must be 20 and never had a child. However, I am way more toned than when I started, and I feel better just working on losing it. There is hope, where before there was only dread and loathing. Tonight I think I actually felt an upper ab muscle! Yeah!!

I hope this helps! You are not alone in the struggle!! You can do it!! :heart: