Final Caloric Intake....anybody have any suggestions?

Options
Small Breakfast
Nature's Own - Whole Wheat Plus Fiber, 2 slice 90 19 1 5
Jiff - Reduced Fat Peanut Butter, 2 tbsp 190 15 12 8

Lunch
Kemps - Fat Free Skim Milk, 1.5 C 135 20 0 14
Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 27 0 1
Kellogg's - Special K Protein Plus, 1 cup 133 19 4 13

Small Dinner
Idaho Potato - Medium Potato, 0.25 potato 40 9 0 1
Milk - Canned, evaporated, 1 fl oz 42 3 2 2
Smart Beat - Margarine-like spread, Super Light without saturated fat, 0.25 tablespoon 6 0 1 0
Potatoes - Mashed, dehydrated, flakes without milk, dry form, 0.25 cup 42 10 0 1
White Meat Turkey - Turkey Breast, 0.5 Slice Roasted 48 0 1 8
Broccoli- Steamed Florets, 1/2 cup 13 3 1 1

Snack
Quaker Oats Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip - Granola Bar, 1 bar 100 17 3 2
Nabisco - Triscuit - Baked Wg Wheat Crackers, 10 crackers 171 30 4 4
Kraft Easy Cheese - Cheddar, 1 oz 79 2 5 4
Thompson Seedles - Grapes - Red, Green - Seedless, 10 grapes 34 9 0 0

Total: 1,228 183 34 64
Your Daily Goal: 1,200 165 40 45
Remaining: -28 -18 6 -19

Today's Water Consumption

Replies

• Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    Small Breakfast
    Nature's Own - Whole Wheat Plus Fiber, 2 slice 90 19 1 5
    Jiff - Reduced Fat Peanut Butter, 2 tbsp 190 15 12 8

Lunch
    Kemps - Fat Free Skim Milk, 1.5 C 135 20 0 14
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 27 0 1
    Kellogg's - Special K Protein Plus, 1 cup 133 19 4 13

Small Dinner
    Idaho Potato - Medium Potato, 0.25 potato 40 9 0 1
    Milk - Canned, evaporated, 1 fl oz 42 3 2 2
    Smart Beat - Margarine-like spread, Super Light without saturated fat, 0.25 tablespoon 6 0 1 0
    Potatoes - Mashed, dehydrated, flakes without milk, dry form, 0.25 cup 42 10 0 1
    White Meat Turkey - Turkey Breast, 0.5 Slice Roasted 48 0 1 8
    Broccoli- Steamed Florets, 1/2 cup 13 3 1 1

Snack
    Quaker Oats Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip - Granola Bar, 1 bar 100 17 3 2
    Nabisco - Triscuit - Baked Wg Wheat Crackers, 10 crackers 171 30 4 4
    Kraft Easy Cheese - Cheddar, 1 oz 79 2 5 4
    Thompson Seedles - Grapes - Red, Green - Seedless, 10 grapes 34 9 0 0

Total: 1,228 183 34 64
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200 165 40 45
    Remaining: -28 -18 6 -19

Today's Water Consumption

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? If so, make sure you're eating those exercise calories as well.

Also, as you probably know already. . .that's not enough water. It really does help your body to function at its best.

Other than that, it does look like you're close to your targets.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    My days go like that as well... Except I drink more water. I was wondering if I was the only one that goes over there fat and protein. Cause I don't go over by much but still it happens. I do think you need more water.. you should have 8-10 glasses, 4 isn't enough.
    Like Viviakay said eat those cals that you are exercising up, you don't want to plateau...
  • Lisabeth
    Options
    Yes, I do exercise, usually burning about 400 each time. Today was my "off" day. I started drinking my water late today (2:00) and if I drank water after 3:30, I'm up all night. So today was a really screwed up day for my water intake...I agree. This is the first day I missed drinking 64oz of water.
    Are you exercising? If so, make sure you're eating those exercise calories as well.

Also, as you probably know already. . .that's not enough water. It really does help your body to function at its best.

Other than that, it does look like you're close to your targets.
  • Lisabeth
    Options
    I'm always over my protein a bit. But I've read that this site calculates low protein limits. As for fat, I never really go over that....it's the CARBS..those are the ones that I watch more then anything.....UGH!
    My days go like that as well... Except I drink more water. I was wondering if I was the only one that goes over there fat and protein. Cause I don't go over by much but still it happens. I do think you need more water.. you should have 8-10 glasses, 4 isn't enough.
    Like Viviakay said eat those cals that you are exercising up, you don't want to plateau...
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm always over my protein a bit. But I've read that this site calculates low protein limits. As for fat, I never really go over that....it's the CARBS..those are the ones that I watch more then anything.....UGH!
    Yeh, see I found a site that tells you what your fat intake should be.. and I took some numbers off that. This site really calculates low for protein and fat. I tried to do 60% carbs, 20% fat, 20% protein. Lately it's been 55% carbs, 25% fat, 25% protein. That seems to be working better for me. I had to change those numbers around in there... I didn't like what they wanted to give me.. lol
    But you are doing good! Keep it up!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    :smile: I think you definitely need more fruits and veggies. They are fat free and full of fiber and water, so they will fill you up and help with the fact that you are not hitting the H2O goal. Try adding 1 svg at breakfast and switch out the "junkier" snacks with something that has nutritional value.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    try having more raw fruits and veggies as snacks and fillers. Your protein is a bit too high, and replacing higher protein snacks with fresh veggies or fruits would help to lower it. oh and more water! Other than that it looks good! :drinker:
  • Lisabeth
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Lis, considering what you had before, I think this is a HUGE improvement. Not only are you within 2% of your calories (which is a very good place), but your nutritional info was close too. I think that's great, I see that you brought your protein up to a more normal intake, that's great too.

I don't see anything about what you are eating that doesn't look good. I mean, more veggies wouldn't hurt, but I don't think that's a huge deal, you are eating mostly nutritious items and in the long run, if you take a multi-vitamin, that should be fine with what you are taking in. Protein was at 26% which is probably slightly higher then you need, but not at all out of the range of normal. That's about what I eat a day, but I weight train, some who weight train heavily go a lot go higher (up to 30% is generally considered acceptable for most people).

Good Work! :wink:

-Banks
  • Lisabeth
    Options
    Thanks so much banks, and everyone else. I'm going to to take all of your advice! Thanks Again!:happy:
  • chrissy8382015
    Options
    Does anyone know of a website that alows us to put in the ingredients to a recepie and it give the calorie and food count?
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Does anyone have the answer to ChristineH question?
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a website that alows us to put in the ingredients to a recepie and it give the calorie and food count?

There is a recipe calculator at sparkpeople.com