New, 175 lbs, looking for friends! Join me!

Options
jessgrey2
jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
Hi, I've actually been here for 2 weeks but just realized I never introduced myself!

I am in my 40's, 5'5, and 175 lbs. 3 years ago I weight 130 and was fit and toned and very active.

What happened? Well the downward spiral started with me working night shifts. I've always had a snacking problem and it became out of control at work. Because....at 2am with 5 hours to go, you don't feel like munching on carrot sticks! Salty snacks were and still are my downfall.

And, I stopped exercising. Totally stopped. And developed quite a fondness for red wine :) So now, I hate the way I look in the mirror. Fitting rooms in stores make me nuts. Actually clothes shopping makes me nuts because I HAVE TONS OF GREAT CLOTHES IN MY SMALLER SIZE! Grrrr.

So, I joined here 2 weeks ago, am starting to exercise (I"ve only been managing 3 days per week, if even that, but it's a start), and am eating so much better. I've been stocking up on lots of healthy veggies. I've had little setbacks with the wine and snacking, but am hoping for a bit of success and most of all, to like what I see in the mirror.

I'd love to have a few more supportive friends. Please add me if you wish!

Replies

• kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you as friend, as we are close in weight and height, but I look for friends with open diaries so we can help and learn along the way to healthy lifestyle. add me if you decide to open your diary.
  • MuffintopGem
    MuffintopGem Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me - Im 30 in July, got 7lbs to go, single Mum to two children and just love cooking!!!! Good Luck with your journey x
  • Cheryl1018
    Cheryl1018 Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi there! I am in the same boat as you. 48, 165 (start weight) and my goal is at least 150 or so. I had a series of events that lead up to weight gain quite quickly.

Add me as a friend if you want :)
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 36 yo, 5'2", started at 172, currently 164. Add me if you like :-)
  • jpearce2
    jpearce2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there! I briefly introduced myself. I am 30 years old...165 lbs...trying to get back to my 140-145 lb range. Just signed up for a half marathon in November, so any support is much appreciated! :o) I started my training yesterday.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am almost exactly the same as you, age and weight and issue! Except I let myself go even longer and made it to a whopping 188 lbs! I hate clothes shopping and didn't like what I saw in the mirror either. I joined here after losing about 4 lbs on my own and am now at 175. Exercise is not my favorite thing but I got lucky and won an 8 week membership to a bodyshaping club. That is helping a lot. I am starting to like how I look again but I still have a ways to go. Set my goal at a modest 154 but would love to get lighter if I hit my goal and feel I can realistically keep going...Would love to be friends and support each other. :happy:
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Added everyone who replied, thanks!!!
  • Cheryl1018
    Cheryl1018 Posts: 59
    Options
    Thank for adding me! Good luck on your journey :)
  • smokeatr9
    smokeatr9 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Another night owl here :) This is my first post on the boards - I'm dipping my toes into the water a little bit. I just signed up at the encouragement of my trainer. I'm in the same general weight vacinity (185) but I'm just a bit taller at 5'10" lol Couldn't agree more with you about the last few hours of a shift. That seems to be when I crave chocolate and salt the most. To make matters worse - I work shift work on a fluctuating schedule so it makes consistency a pain!!

I signed up with my trainer (and here) so that I could have someone other then myself to be accountable to. I can make some world class excuses to myself to justify not working out as much as I should and eating cruddy food. A swift kick in the behind by someone that has my best interests at heart (but doesn't live with me lol) is just the ticket.

Hope to make more like-minded supportive friends. :D
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started here heavier than you, but we're pretty close now...time to be 'losers' together!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add this dumb ole truck driver if ya like.