Supposed to Take Dessert to a Friend's - HELP!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Suggesting> Chocolate Covered Strawberries. See if you can buy large strawberries with a longer stem but honestly any will be a hit. Can't imagine the strawberries and whip cream not being well received.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Just glanced and some of these other suggestions are awesome!
  • jammiemd
    jammiemd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump! Awesome recipes!
  • livelovesmile
    Options
    You should make a fruit eclair. What you do is you take frozen whipped cream and you slap frozen fruit between frozen whipped cream and graham crackers. It's absolutely delicious! Just FYI, It should be kept in the freezer :)
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bake some apples (here's a healthy recipe:http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/09/delightfully-baked-apples.html), slice the apples into wedges when cool.
    Combine strawberries,blueberries, and raspberries into a bowl, smooshing slightly so juices run out but not crushing the fruit. You can toss in a bit of sugar if you wish but I don't think you'll need it for this.
    Enough low-fat vanilla yogurt (I cannot stand Greek yogurt, I seriously don't know how everyone loves the stuff) to serve everyone at the dinner.
    Take out serving glasses, like ones used for ice cream, we will essentially be making this:
    red-footed-ice-cream-bowls.jpg

Layer a bit of yogurt on the bottom of the glass, put the slices of baked apple down and top with another layer of yogurt thicker then the bottom layer and top with the berry mixture. You can also crumble some almond granola cereal on top and drizzle a bit of honey over it as well :)

Using the recipe guide on the site and making rough estimates the calories come to around 259, I am sure you could easily cut down on calories by using unflavored yogurt or if you do enjoy Greek yogurt bring that along as well (I seriously cannot stand it though!).
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump! .. great ideas here! :flowerforyou:
  • kellym0710
    kellym0710 Posts: 31
    Options
    BUMP
  • 247momma
    247momma Posts: 14
    Options
    Almond butter brownies are always good!
  • bradley081
    bradley081 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    vanilla yogurt parfaits with strawberries and blueberries.