If $$$ were no issue, what would you do with yourself?

Options

Replies

• donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I would walk all the way round scotland .... apparently would take about a year (spose it depends how fast you walk thou :-/ )
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Boobs straight away.

Then my legs lipo'ed and tucked.

I have this little lip over my belly button, from where i pierced my belly button with a knitting needle, and then the belly bar ripped out because i didnt do it deep enough. I would have that removed, but i imagine that would only cost like £200.

Then i would get hair extensions, those like sowed in ones.

I would like to have lots of things done to my face, but dont think i ever could have them done for fear that i would wake up, and still not look like a movie star. I want to be sexy, but i still want to look like me if you get what i mean.. I want to be a sexy me. Not a slightly sexier stranger..

Thats all i can think of atm lol..

EDIT:
    Ow i thought you mean't body wise.
    I would train to be a physicist i think. I find it all so fascinating, it would be like a hobby i get paid to do.
    Although if this business meeting thing goes through next week, then i will be doing one of my dream jobs!

Would buy my dream car, and tour interesting countries. While doing fun research, like cryptozoology, or tomb raiding!
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    boob job. nose job. tummy tuck. yeahh. eyes fixed, teeth whitened. god i want money.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    1. I'd start working on tattooing my whole body
    2. I'd buy a house with a gym and a sound room and I'd write music. When I had a good set of songs, I'd form a band and play them and try to set up my own record label.

That would probably keep me pretty busy most of the time.

The other thing that would change drastically is my sleep. I'm not an 'up all day sleep all night person'. If I had a choice, I tend to sleep in two shifts, once at night and once in the day with night time being around 4 or 5 hours and day ime being around 2 or 3 hours. So, I'd have more time to let my body o what it needs to do. That would be nice.

On top of that, I'd like to travel, but not in the way people travel, more like go to Italy and just stay put or a month or two. The fun part about traveling is if you can become part of a community for a little while.

Usually, when I hear this question, the next one is, then why not do that now?

And my reply is, you notice that living my dreams really means not working. So, that throws a wrench in it. My dream job would really be being a musician. You don't really get to pick that, it picks you.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd travel for starters. But on a day to day basis, I'd assist my fiance with our company (we own our own business) while also volunteering for a local non-profit in the area.

I'd also spend more time with my friends and family... My current job is pretty demanding, and I dont always get the opportunity to spend as much time with them as I'd like.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Home school my kids and travel the world. We would hire a nanny to take along on some trips to have some adult time.
    I would also hire a trainer to help me get into shape again.

After a while start a family business that way if anyone needed money from my family they have a place to earn it.

I would take violin lessons, play trumpet in an orchestra, and buy a french horn.

See every band I ever wanted to see in concert.

Set up a neighborhood fix it program, to fix peoples houses who can't do it themselves.

Teach floral design in high schools.

Teach English in foreign countries.

The possibilities are endless
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I would want to do something worthwhile that helped people!

I love Martial Arts so perhaps work hard to get to my 2nd Dan so that I would be qualified to open a school. Then teach Martial Arts / Self Defense in areas where there are under-privileged children and or offer free self defense classes at local high schools.

And, for my self. I would want to do something epic! Something like ride my bike from where I live (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) to the bottom of South America (Cape Horn?)
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I would help everyone who has ever TRULY helped me out in life. Pay off their mortgages, make them comfortable too. Give to the church and children's hospital. Travel, shop, and hire a personal trainer to help me get to where I want to be, then buy a new wardrobe. There are probably a ton of things I would do but these came to mind this morning.
  • final10
    final10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Starting in my community
    For "work" continue in construction business work to make all homes and businesses more energy efficient - build tight ventilate right

For charity - help families that have been set back financially due to unexpected health crises, especially because they have a special needs child

For personal - yes I probably spend a lot on personal trainers, chefs, tutors, housekeepers, gardener, etc. And definitely travel the world.
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I would do so many random acts of kindness it would be insane. Also, adopt way too many animals from the pound. Travel the world with my family and friends. Send a lot of kids to college.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'd find a cure for Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease, then go live in Disneyland.

I'd give you some of my money to help with this, since I have a good friend suffering from this right now :-(

xoxoxox
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I would travel :)
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Travel the world and donate a lot to Habitat for Humanity.
  • c0mmonN3rd
    c0mmonN3rd Posts: 34
    Options
    Lasek Surgery for me eyes,
    Remove the extra skin from my weight loss to donate for skin grafts
    Travel teh world
    Propose to my gf how i'd want to
    Live life one day at a time
  • kay7jay
    kay7jay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Open an animal rescue. That's the long term plan anyways, I'll do it one day :smooched:
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I would volunteer at a language center, to help people learn a new one, or improve the ones they need to use. Volunteer so I could go when I wanted, sleep in when I want, and play video games when I want.

Also I'd love to keep a fresh and clean house, immaculate yard, and delicious meals all day. :) Housewife is where it's at in my mind.

Lol... I can sooo relate to the perfect housewife thing! :D
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow... So many FABULOUS answers! :happy: I'm so glad I asked this question :flowerforyou:
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I used to say I'd keep working because I loved my job that much. I really wish I could still say that. My current job has me absolutely miserable and I am actually contemplating asking my doctor to help me get medical leave because of anxiety.

So, that being said, I can't say I'd be sorry to leave my job. First thing I'd do:

Go to culinary school
    Go to veterinary school (not sure what order that'd be in). I've always wanted to and have been accepted but couldn't leave my job for 4 years while racking up huge tuition bills.

I'd be done by the time I was about 60, just in time to retire. Then I'd volunteer to spay/neuter at shelters, and rehab creatures that need rehabbing.

And I'd cook. And relax on the deck of my beachfront house. And have a gigantic vegetable garden.

All my family and those I love would have all of their debts paid. And I might finally have the nerve to hire someone to clean my house weekly.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Hop on world-wide cruise.

JM
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    the army or firefighting...i feel like i need some thrill