How often to do the 30 day shred for begginers??

Options
2»

Replies

• Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was a beginner and have done it every single day, currently on Day 8 of level 2. Not great for weight loss but I have lost 7.5 inches in 18 days.
    I agree with others on here, it's a short workout, and your body has 23 hrs and 40 mins to recover from it :smile:
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I tend to get bored easily with at-home DVD type work outs. I am doing the 30DS but working it in about 3 days a week when I'm not doing zumba. I really like that it's short and to the point. But I am looking to add some additional ab workout to it.
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    That's great info...thanks! I have decided I"m going to try to do it at least 6 days per week, with 1 off day. I do have 2 kids and work a full time job, and life can throw curve balls, but 30 minutes for myself shouldn't too much to ask for. :)
  • twk65
    twk65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was so sore after the first day, that I had to do it every other day. But keep doing going, it helps a lot!
  • Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's great info...thanks! I have decided I"m going to try to do it at least 6 days per week, with 1 off day. I do have 2 kids and work a full time job, and life can throw curve balls, but 30 minutes for myself shouldn't too much to ask for. :)

It's certainly tough to find the time, that's why 30 Day Shred was a great fit. I did my first workout last night at 9:40 after downloading to the iPad. My 4 year old was deep asleep by then, and my dear wife was cuddled under a blanket watching the DVR. Perfect time for me, and I melted into bed after a quick shower to rinse.
  • Selah37
    Selah37 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all so much. Your advice is all so helpful!! I'm really excited about getting started back up and shedding. :)
  • SaraLouise1988
    SaraLouise1988 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im on L1D5 and I do it Mon-Fri and take the weekends off because I work. Im finding it fine, I managed to get through the whole thing today without stopping, Im stoked! Baby steps and all that xD its kicking my *kitten*, but Im enjoying it.
  • HeatherNoyes
    HeatherNoyes Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 8 and intend to do the 30 days straight. Its 25 minutes when you include the warm up and cool down. I am a big girl and if I can do it, anyone can!