tell me about the Fitbit

Options
cool useful tool or over priced pedometer... how well does the sleep tracker work?

Replies

• serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump. Curiious here too
  • RedefiningMe
    RedefiningMe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've done some online review research and they are pretty evenly mixed. I was all gung ho to pick one up and then I saw that the reviews were mixed, so I hesitated.

I'm going to ask my trainer during our next wo session. She raved about this site when I told her I was considering it and she was right, so I trust her input on fitbit, if she has any.

Will come back and share once we have the discussion.
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Thechiplover
    Thechiplover Posts: 118
    Options
    cool useful tool or over priced pedometer... how well does the sleep tracker work?

I have a Fitbit and sometimes i think "yes it is an overpriced pedometer" but I really do like it and the sleep part of it is very good....

Would i recommend it? yes i would
  • RedefiningMe
    RedefiningMe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ask my trainer during our next wo session. She raved about this site when I told her I was considering it and she was right, so I trust her input on fitbit, if she has any.

Will come back and share once we have the discussion.

She wasn't familiar with fitbit :~(

I am still trying to decide what device to use for the purposes of tracking daily calorie use from average daily activities. Recommendations have been fitbit, boddybugg, mediabody fit. Anyone know of any others that can be worn all day to track calories burned and also steps taken?
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for a year and I love it. I would definitely recommend it.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this debate too; toying with the idea.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    i've had mine for 4 days now, and loving it. very motivating. makes you want to do more all day, not just in your work outs, which has got to be a good thing. seems to track my sleep very accurately. I'm loving it! x
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I love mine. What in particular are you looking for/would you like to know....Let me know and I will add more info.
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I debated between the fitbit or the bodybugg. I didn't like the fact that you have to pay for service with the bodybugg and you have to wear it on your arm. I like that the fitbit service is free and is really compact. Yes, it could be considered an expensive pedometer, but I like that it tracks my calories burned and it adjusts on MFP so I get accurate info. It also integrates with my Aetna challenge I am doing at work and logs in my steps and exercise minutes!
  • grlgemini
    grlgemini Posts: 42
    Options
    Love mine. I have had it for about 2 weeks now. It definitely makes me aware of how much activity I am getting throughout the day. I like to check it and then walk around the building at work! LOL! Sleep tracker works pretty good.
  • casslynn298
    casslynn298 Posts: 13
    Options
    Bump, I wanna know more too
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Rubbish! Didn't track steps and when clipped to my bra was highly visible! and then stopped working.
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a motivia pink petite ladies watch/heart rate monitor that calculates calories and everything... 75 at Walmart, I hear good things about it
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Had mine since March, and I love it. It really keeps me motivated climbing stairs, taking additional steps, and keeping active. I also love to see how well I slept the night before. Was worth the money.

Only downfall is they say women can just slip their fitbit into their bra and now every time I see a woman I stare at her chest to see if we can be fitbit buddies......not a great icebreaker! :P
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have had mine a few weeks now and it really does motivate me to walk more .I think its fab and has been great for finding out my true cals burned in a day .I was really interested in the sleep function and its brill .I knew I was having some bad nights and it was good to see on the graph how much sleep I was actually getting .It does get a bit obsessive and its good to see your progress throughout the day ,they are quite expensive but well worth it if you like this sort off thing .I have recently given up a slimming club so the money saved weekly will pay for my fit bit and with mfp being free and fitbit being compatible with mfp its ideal for me
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've had mine a week now and really like it, and most importantly its making me do extra things I wouldn't otherwise be doing. I've had normal pedometers in the past which bump up with any slight movement and the latest one I bought (and took back!) showed 21 steps for walking just 7 - that's no good.

The website is free (unlike some of the others that you have to pay an ongoing fee for, effectively bumping up your purchase price) and it's fairly accurate although can take a minute or so to start counting when I put it on in the morning. I tested it today against the treadmill at the gym and the burn difference over 35 mins was only 4 calories away from what the treadmill was telling me - which I think it extremely accurate.

If you do a lot of cardio you could be better off with a heart rate monitor, but if it's something to get you active generally I would recommend it.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I just bought one and even though I was skeptical at first I love it. It seems to keep really good track. Even when I wake up in the middle of the night it records my activity. Also if I burn more calories than what MFP has my Fit Bit syncs to MFP and adds up more calories for me. Also fit bit sets goals for you and I find myself doing more things just to add up my steps. Just yesterday I noticed I only climbed 2 floors and my goal was 10, so I went up and down the stairs 8 more times till I reached my goal. It keeps you motivated. I found mine on Ebay. It was a little less. I say try it.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Only downfall is they say women can just slip their fitbit into their bra and now every time I see a woman I stare at her chest to see if we can be fitbit buddies......not a great icebreaker! :P

Oh I don't know.... gets a certain message across!