what's your workout regimen?

Options
Thought maybe for some ideas....we could all post what a day or week of exercise entails for us! i'm looking to mix things up a bit and would love to hear what is working for everyone else.

I'm currently working out 3-4 days a week, every other day (tues, thurs, sat & sometimes sun). i do 15 mins on the elliptical, then 45 min of strenght training (abs, back, arms, and legs) and then hit the treadmil for another 45-60 mins. i usually burn between 350-600 calories with just the cardio portion.

what's your workout regimen??:happy:

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I do at least 90 minutes of cardio every day (except sunday some weeks) and strength train monday wednesday and friday (mostly upper body) and core workouts on tuesday and thursday.
  • Luludog1
    Options
    I walk my dog for 20 minutes each morning, then I run 3.1 miles and finish my morning up with 30 minutes of Jillian Michael circuit training (No More Trouble Zones). If i can get away at lunch i like to walk for 20-25 minutes...I do this thru the week and weekends i leave for fun stuff like tennis or bike rides with my fiance.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Your doing great! I wish I had the time to get that much in!

I work out everyday. I get up at 5am and do 30 minutes on the elliptical for now. Later I will try other cardio options ;) then three days out of the week I do an hour of lifting weights. Different body groups for each day.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Well I've got some significant weight to lose(about 50 pounds!) so I'm always on the treadmill doing lots of cardio. I do about 60-80 mins of inclined light jogging at 5.5 mph.
    Then I move on to my exercise ball and do about 30 mins of abdominal work and obliques.
    Then its time for arms(my least favorite ugh!) for another 30 mins
    and last is the Legs weight training for about 10-15 mins.
    I do cardio at least once a day every day, and the weight training 3-4 times a week.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    5 miles EVERY morning regardless of the weather another 5 miles every other night and 30 minutes of strength training every other night
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I try to vary up my workouts so that I don't get bored. It really depends on how my body is feeling that particular day. I do 30 - 60 minutes of cardio everyday, length depending on how well I've been doing with my calories that day and if I want to fit in any strength training. Strength training I try to do at least 3 times a week, but once again, it depends how my body is feeling. I have been doing a lot of ab work lately, and I am going to try to focus on my lower abs now.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    5 miles EVERY morning regardless of the weather another 5 miles every other night and 30 minutes of strength training every other night

5 miles of what? running, walking, biking?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog for 20 minutes each morning, then I run 3.1 miles and finish my morning up with 30 minutes of Jillian Michael circuit training (No More Trouble Zones). If i can get away at lunch i like to walk for 20-25 minutes...I do this thru the week and weekends i leave for fun stuff like tennis or bike rides with my fiance.

WOW ! You are doing AWESOME!!!!! Keep it up !!!!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I do P90X (6 days working out with 1 day rest) and I also run, usually 3 miles every second day and just last weekend I upped it to 4.5 miles and will continue to run longer on the weekend. (Weekday I run at lunch time and 3 miles is as much a I can fit in along with a shower etc.)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options

YOU have done AWESOME too!! Post a before and now pic, that is sooo inspirational to others!!! Good job bud!!
  • ashystewy
    Options
    For the past 2 weeks, I've worked out 3-4 times per week.

I hit whatever cardio machine is availabe (eliptical, bike, treadmill) and start with a warm up (2-3 min) and then I all out run, sprint, pedal, etc. for 30 seconds and then recover for 90 sec. I do this for 20 min. It is a great fat-burner that will speed up your metabolism!! :happy:
    I then do 4 sets of 15 of push-up, squats, lunges and sit-ups. I try to switch up the different sets...I bore easily!

On alternate days, I run 2-4 miles at moderate pace.

4 times a month,I will run 4-6 miles at moderate-fast pace (9-10 min/mile) and perform intense calisthenics for 20-30 min, trying to get in as many sets as I can.

1 time a month, I participate in a 5K.

I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST ON ALL YOUR ENDEAVORS!!!
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Mon: 1.5 mile run for time
    Tues: 1.5 mile sprints
    Thur: 3.5 mile
    Fri: Weight Circuits w/ 15 min Elliptical

Except right now it's 30 min elliptical on running days still I get these shin splints squared away. Apparently I have fallen arches.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

YOU have done AWESOME too!! Post a before and now pic, that is sooo inspirational to others!!! Good job bud!!

Thanks. I don't have before pics. Didn't do cameras.
  • Luludog1
    Options

WOW ! You are doing AWESOME!!!!! Keep it up !!!!

Thanks!
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    My workouts are dictated by my mood and available time. I work out at home. Every day, one of the following: 30-120 minutes of yoga, 30-45 minutes on the elliptical, or a run around the block or in the park (about 5k). Sometimes I will take a day off and maybe squeeze in a few sun salutations or a short walk. Rarely I'll do pushups, squats, and whatnot.
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I REALLY REALLY wanna do a triathalon (sp) soo Im trying to get the running down right now, and then move onto swimming. So I run on the treadmill during the am and bike in the evening. . . If I could just let go of the weekend beers/martinis I MAY be a lil further in my efforts!:grumble:
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Way to go!

Since i'm a mom of a toddler and an infant I really have a more rag-tag method for exercise. I do all mine at home.

Every morning I do about 45 min of pilates with a bar (it's a small bar with stretch tubes attached at either end.....for your feet) and dvd I bought at walmart or Densie Austin's "Best Belly Fat-Blasters". There's 7 10 min. workouts and I usually pick 3 or 4.

At noon or so (whenever the kids go down for their naps) I try to do my "Sexy A** Workout" I pulled out of my Cosmo Magazine......but and thigh burning madness....I'll just say there are ALOT of squats involved.

In the evening I alternate hard and easy workout DVD's. Core Rhythms or Tae Bo every other day, and on the days in between, Bellydancing.

I don't always stick with it, and sometimes my morning workout gets skipped because of the kiddos, but I almost ALWAYS get my evenings in!
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i did no exercise for the first three months of my weight loss. i was so lazy, but i didn;t eat much.

so far since september i am doing 100 push up challenge mon wed fri with couch 25 k mon wed fri aswell and also up to level 2 on jillians shred on tues and thurs and mayeb one weekend day depending on hangover level lol.

Thinking about yoga. i love the idea of calm collected-ness. im a mass of anxiety so anyone who can point me in the right direction of starting. hopefully without attending classes. i work stupid hours and can never make commitments with current job. only four years left in it though so its all good.
  • msmeghan
    Options
    I do a body pump class at the "Y" which is an hour of weights/ strength training. Usually before class I will do 20 minutes on a treadmill or eliptical. Then 1 day a week I do a cardiokick class. Sometimes if I am really lucky I can fit in a yoga class but lately that hasn't been happening as I have been pretty busy with work and my kids schedules.
  • jojogirl
    Options
    Every morning and every night walk my pup for 30 min. (He's small but needs to shed a couple of lbs.):tongue:

Five nights a week-Martial Arts
    Three Days a Week-Strength Training
    Saturdays- Bike Riding, (this is really my off day) or an hour walk with pooch to the park and walk around and sit down and have lunch there.