"big boned"/"solid" women

Options
holleysings
holleysings Posts: 664 Member
Hey, I'm looking for some other "big boned" or "solid" women to add as friends! Basically, anyone with a high goal weight due to frame size and a muscular stature. I've finally gotten comfortable with being "solid" and I would love to meet other women like me.

My stats:
Height: 5'5"
SW: 226lb BF 48% (known from DEXA scan)
CW: 205lb BF 38% (known from electric current thing at the gym)
GW: 180lb BF 25%

It's so hard seeing a lower number on the "normal weight" for your height charts, when it would be impossible to weight that, so let's support each other!

Replies

• janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    We have a group! Join us :)

I've accepted I'll never be tiny after being told that by a medical professional (very bluntly) ¬¬
  • jesslsolomon
    Options
    Hi! I'm 6'2" and my goal weight is 190. I've got a way to go, but I'd love to friend you!
  • holleysings
    Options
    We have a group! Join us :)

I've accepted I'll never be tiny after being told that by a medical professional (very bluntly) ¬¬

Ooooo a group! What's the group name?
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    How do you know if your bones are big?
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I added you! I have the exact same goal weight. I know I will never be tiny, but I can be strong and awesome instead.

I'd be interested to know the group, too!
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    me me me!
    Ok, I'm not tall, but I do have big bones. At my wrist, I still have an inch before my finger & thumb touch.

My goal is 170.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Id like to now the group name also.. Im large framed as per my doc...
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'8 and 215 now, aiming for 170 (the skinniest I can be), at best, right now, I look pregnant.

I confirmed that I was "solid" when I did a test at the gym that determined that I am 149 lbs muscle. I was ok with going to 170 then.

I didn't know there was a group....
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    its a private group so will send an invite :)
    its just 'large framed group' so you may be able to find it, if not message me =]

anyone else feel free to add me :)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    How do you know if your bones are big?

"Big boned" is just a term used to describe a larger frame. Your actual bones are not thicker than other peoples.
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'4" (or 5'5"- I get told both numbers by doctors all the time lol) and I am definitely built with a larger frame and lots of muscle. I'm hovering just around 250lbs now and my first goal weight is 170lbs because I've been that "light" before and honestly, it looked damn good on me (and I think I was a size 10 at this weight). My ultimate goal weight is no lower than 150lbs and this isn't *too* far off from a "healthy weight" as according to the chart ( I think the high "healthy weight" at 5'4"/5'5" is somewhere around 145lbs).

I look forward to having friends with higher goal weight, so anyone here who wants to add me as a supportive friend, please feel free to :)
  • holleysings
    Options
    I think the wrist test is the easiest way to tell!

http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'd like an invite, pleaseandthankyou.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've seen xrays - I've got ginormous bones!!! Count me in! I was 5'11", now 5'10"ish after having two babies, now four and one. Still over 200lbs I can't use baby weight as an excuse any more. I know I'm never going to be a size eight but Imma work toward being the hottest 42 year old size 12 you've ever laid eyes on!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OP: You goal seems hard to come by, unless you are going to do multiple bulk and cut cycles in order to hit that goal.

This is based on the fact that you currently have 117 lbs of lean body mass 52% of your current weight, but your goal would have you have lbm of 135. typically when you lose weight you will lose fat and some Lbm, the amount of lbm depends on diet, size of deficit, amount you have to lose, workout routine, etc. but gaining 18 lbs of LBM while losing 46lbs will not happen. Most likely at 180 your lbm would be in the 100-113 lb range depending on the % lbm loss to fat loss. So with Lbm at 113, even at 180 your BF% would be 37% ((180-113)/180). If you want 25% most likely you would have to get down to the 144 range with lbm around 108, so out of 82 lbs lost 9 would be lbm, this would be a 9 lbs of fat loss for every 1 lb lbm, which would be a great ratio to maintain.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm 5'10" and my goal is around 160-170 depending on how I look and feel. I think it would be nice to have a few more friends on here with goals closer to mine. The majority of my friends list seems to be short girls with goals of 120lbs...no where close to me! Feel free to send me a request but please include a little note so I can get to know you better =]
  • CharityAngel
    CharityAngel Posts: 111
    Options
    I would like an invite into the group too
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I got big bones and I cannot lie.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I think the wrist test is the easiest way to tell!

http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php

Just as a fair warning, if you are overweight then this test is going to lose accuracy. Sure, your wrists don't hold a ton of fat but there is still fat there. I was initially "large" framed but after losing almost 20% of my body weight my wrists are down to 7.5" and may get even smaller once I get to my goal weight. Right now I'm considered right on the borderline of a normal frame and a large frame (if I increase measurement by even .05" it says large framed).
  • kellyhass
    kellyhass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How do you add me to this group...I fit right in