Gluten Free.... I need help

Options
2»

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I've been making my own oat flour. Just stick it in a food processor and process, sift through a sifter and bam! You've got oat flour that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I have non-Celiac gluten sensitivity, which is bad enough. I'm pretty good at avoiding gluten though because I don't like how SICK it makes me! My diary is open and may give you some ideas. Note however that while I won't touch anything with wheat/gluten on the ingredients list, I do okay on some things that are merely processed in facilities that make other products which contain wheat. Or sometimes I don't. It depends on how danged sensitive my body wants to be!

Gluten free baking is actually fun for me because I like to bake. I love Pamela's mixes. Bob's Red Mill has some good ones too. One of the first things I did when I found I had to eliminate gluten was use it as an excuse to get myself a breadmaker, and I've been having a great time with it ever since.

There are plenty of options and believe me I'm not in the least bit deprived by staying gluten free. It's worth it to be healthier!
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There's an app for smartphones: Find Me Gluten Free

very handy! Even has a list of the most common restaraunts (fast food included!) and what they have on their menu that is GF.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I eat gluten free! You have to cook a lot of your own foods when you are gluten free to be safe. Even the tiniest amount of gluten can cause an inflammatory response in your gut.

Try not to replace all of your former wheat based foods with gluten free options, because these can be higher in calories.

Feel free to friend me or take a look at my diary to get some ideas of what eating gluten free can look like.