How the Hell?

Options
13»

Replies

• MerriAlbert
    Options
    I can't lose weight with carbs above 100 grams a day as my family is predisposed to diabetes on both sides.
    I highly recommend you google fresh unprocessed foods with low carb content and eat tons of low carb vegetables. Stay under 100g carbs per day and drink 8-12 cups of water a day. I always lose when I eat a rainbow vegetable salad (think spinach, red cabbage, peppers, small carrot...what ever is low carb) with protein source (hard boiled eggs, cheese, meat, edamame, veggie burger pattie) and even 1/2 an avocado (make your own dressings, they have tons of sugar in them). Taking a chromium tablet and omega fat capsules might help give your body what it needs to start losing. Ensure you are trying different types of exercise (weights, hard cardio, light cardio, pilates). The key is to trick your body so that it doesn't get used to your routine :wink:
    Keep on with your hard work, just tweak it a bit.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    So... doctor put me on no carbs after lunch, or as low as possible without starving myself. I followed it really well apart from one night out. I've increased my calories and exercise regime... Been trying so hard and the then I think, I'll weigh in today, it's been a while! They say i've put 2 lbs on!!!!!! How???? Is this ever going to work, it's almost 2 months since I lost any weight, so fed up, don't really feel like carrying on with this anymore :cry:

Once people up their exercise they seem to "gain weight" but its a lot of the times water retention to repair muscles. I would wait it out and see what happens and don't fret on this . Everything takes time :) How long since you upped your exercise...this happened to me and my weight stayed the same then boom just dropped one week.

This has been going on for almost 7 weeks now, it's just so frustrating :(

Wait it out -- that's not long enough ... I stalled for a while too and trial and error is great -- just keep chipping away and pound that water. YOu'll see it
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    So... doctor put me on no carbs after lunch, or as low as possible without starving myself. I followed it really well apart from one night out. I've increased my calories and exercise regime... Been trying so hard and the then I think, I'll weigh in today, it's been a while! They say i've put 2 lbs on!!!!!! How???? Is this ever going to work, it's almost 2 months since I lost any weight, so fed up, don't really feel like carrying on with this anymore :cry:

No tears...:flowerforyou: You are so strong for even taking on the fitness journey. Don't be discouraged! You have the right to question your dr., they work for YOU. I hope you find a plan that works for you.
  • tinawharrison
    tinawharrison Posts: 123
    Options

No tears...:flowerforyou: You are so strong for even taking on the fitness journey. Don't be discouraged! You have the right to question your dr., they work for YOU. I hope you find a plan that works for you.