"big boned"/"solid" women

Options

Replies

• TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Me ! I am 5'9", large framed. I look thin at 150 so that is my goal weight. Right now I just want to start losing ! I will never be considered "small."
  • minuet42
    minuet42 Posts: 33
    Options
    So glad to see this! I, too, am 5'5" and have a goal of 165 for the time being - my main concern is to be in a size ten again one day (hit an eight at one point and looking back, I was just too small - my face looked terrible), so once I start getting to that point, I'll reassess what my weight actually needs to be.
  • amiers11
    amiers11 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are. My goal weight is 150 and I have a long way to go but would love to take the journey with you! =) Do you know the group name? Would lvoe to be surrounded with like-minded women.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am too. 5'11- and my goal is 175. My SW was 289 and I am currently 232 as of this morning. My lowest so far is 230 (damn plateau!!!)

Feel free to add me!
  • irisb6220
    irisb6220 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi you can add me too! I am 5'2" and will NEVER be ok at 110-130lbs.....my body was not meant to be that thin! I am looking to get to about 140-150, which is probably my ideal weight.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Although my fingers overlap because I have these long Edward scissor hand fingers

Ahaha, that's me too! I have really damn long fingers, so I can never go by that gauge.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I want an invite to the group please.

I'm 5'9"
    HW 304
    SW 292
    CW 279
    GW Around 180 or whatever would make me look and feel healthy.
  • doinme2011
    doinme2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me too! I am 5'2" and will NEVER be ok at 110-130lbs.....my body was not meant to be that thin! I am looking to get to about 140-150, which is probably my ideal weight.
    I too am 5'2" and weigh roughly 150-155 lbs and have been obsessed with a goal weight of about 140 but after just really looking at my body I don't think I would look right at that size. I am toned and have hips, booty, and thighs.(thick wit it lol!) When I tell people how much I weigh they always think I am lying. They always say I don't look as if I weigh that much. Oh well, I have just decided to just continue to workout and tone this body of mine! the toner the better, right?!:wink:
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have always been considered "big boned" but since I have started losing weight I've lost 86 pounds in one year and my bmi has gone from 44 to 29!!! I weigh 150 lbs but I'm still considered overweight bc of my height..I'm 5'1" so yeah. To be in the NORMAL range for my body my bmi says I need to be 99-135...135 is my goal weight anyway so im striving to get there :)
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    its a private group so will send an invite :)
    its just 'large framed group' so you may be able to find it, if not message me =]

anyone else feel free to add me :)

Think I'll look for that. I'm 5'2" and look great at 150. I'll never look right or feel healthy at my BMI supposed weight or like 125. I haven't been that since I was 12 and so I thought I was fat. Back then, I was far from fat and didn't know it.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and goal weight is 180. :-)
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my target weight for now is 175 with a bodyfat of 23% per a hydrostatic bodyfat test. When I went in January I was at 193.5 (of which 134.8lbs was lean mass) & 30.3%. That's the goal they set for me over six-months but I can't see myself getting much lower than that. Still "overweight" but no longer "obese", I can live with that!
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am too a big bone solid girl, I am 5"11 currently 240lbs, biggest I have every been.. I want to return to around 200lbs, and according to my doctor that is my perfect weight considering my size and large frame. I would love to be added to the group as well. Thanks in advacne.

You're about the same height as my new sister in law (not sure of her weight, but can't be far off from yours). In spite of her height, she seems to have pretty small bones, though. Her ring size is only about a 6 or 7 and she has disproportionately short fingers (my 15 yr old sister is only 5'4" and their hands are almost exactly the same size). Because of this, it's hard to say what her best weight would be. I'm guessing between 180-200lbs would probably put her at a size 10-ish. Total guess, though.

FYI, my brother is 6'1" and 280ish lbs. We're all really curious to see how their children are going to turn out physically. LOL

Since I seemed to be close in height (I'm 5'9 3/4'') and that I have "big bones" (not only is this confirmed by my doctor, but since I have the shape of a linebacker, it's pretty hard to miss), I thought I'd just give you my stats (although every woman is different, I sometimes like to get a ballpark when it comes to sizes, calorie intake, etc, so I thought I'd share).

My wrists did get smaller as I went from 193lbs (size 13/14) to 155lbs (size 6). I can't tell you exactly (did not measure at the start), but I have to put my watch tighter (about 2 notches!). I have about a 0.5cm-1cm gap still today when I try to wrap my index and thumb around it (I also had to have my rings adjusted as they were just slipping off). My current body fat % is 20.6% and I'm working to get it down to 19.5%. In my opinion, set a goal you are comfortable with, reach it, and then reassess based on how you feel and how YOU think you look.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "big boned"

There is such thing as large frame
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    OP: You goal seems hard to come by, unless you are going to do multiple bulk and cut cycles in order to hit that goal.

This is based on the fact that you currently have 117 lbs of lean body mass 52% of your current weight, but your goal would have you have lbm of 135. typically when you lose weight you will lose fat and some Lbm, the amount of lbm depends on diet, size of deficit, amount you have to lose, workout routine, etc. but gaining 18 lbs of LBM while losing 46lbs will not happen. Most likely at 180 your lbm would be in the 100-113 lb range depending on the % lbm loss to fat loss. So with Lbm at 113, even at 180 your BF% would be 37% ((180-113)/180). If you want 25% most likely you would have to get down to the 144 range with lbm around 108, so out of 82 lbs lost 9 would be lbm, this would be a 9 lbs of fat loss for every 1 lb lbm, which would be a great ratio to maintain.

Also a good point, some people lose up to 20% of their muscle mass once they reach their goal weight. You have to have realistic expectations as to what is going to happen. Maintaining a heavy lifting regiment and high protein intake can minimize this, however.

Don't let anyone freak you out about losing your lean mass while dieting unless you lift heavy weights. I haven't lifted weights regularly since high school and I've maintained the same 120lbs of lean mass for the last 8 years while really not doing much of anything, dieting here and there, having 2 babies, etc. Your lean mass won't just disappear because you eat at a deficit for a while. Keep active. Get the fat off. Find out where you're at when you're closer to your goal weight.
  • WhatitisLiz
    WhatitisLiz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" My goal weight is 200 lbs (for now) but i am a solid woman too. I know I will never be a size 5 and I am OK with that!
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    im 5'4 and have accepted that i am big boned, ive seen other women bigger than me but their wrists and legs are skinny, me on the other hand am not.

I added you, and everyone else you can also add me up :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    that site is confusing.. my fingers overlap but when i input my measurements it says i'm large framed
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    that site is confusing.. my fingers overlap but when i input my measurements it says i'm large framed

Do you think you have longer fingers than most people? A couple other ladies on this thread have said that their measurements put them in the "large frame" category but their fingers wrap around because they are long.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Do you think you have longer fingers than most people? A couple other ladies on this thread have said that their measurements put them in the "large frame" category but their fingers wrap around because they are long.

oooh good point. maybe i do have a large frame then.

either way, i've always been been on the higher end of the weight category, even when i was a size 6 people commonly took me to be 20-30 pounds less than what i actually was.