Can't say NO to mexican food and margaritas

Options
2»

Replies

• ppcrockett
    Options
    TOMORROW IS OUR HAPPY HOUR.....I WILL TAKE ALL SUGGESTIONS WITH ME AND BE ON MY BEST BEHAVIOR.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    thanks alot .. now i am craving burritos again

and for the sour cream and stuff .. 5 layer dip at walmart is 40 calories for 2 tablespoons

sourcream, cheese, beans, sauce and quacolme .. its a lil spicy but oh so good

( thats for if you decide to make it at home)
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My husband will split entrees with me if I want something decadent -- cuts the cals in half from the start. We eat mexican food every Friday, and sometimes I splurge and sometimes I don't... but I usually make it fit in my cals either way (one week I DID take my dog on an hour and a half long walk after dinner... but those enchiladas were SO worth it!
  • ppcrockett
    Options
    lol.....sorry Lisa
  • ldicocco
    ldicocco Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Great advice!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can say NO to anything you want. You simply choose not to say no to these things. Unless you are being force fed, it's all up to you to make the right choices.
  • soygurl
    soygurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just ask the server to not bring any chips. Or if they bring them too fast, I'll take a small handful and ask them to remove the rest. Then for dinner, chicken or veggie fajitas are a great option. Still totally delicious, but low in the "bad" stuff!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Most of the Mexican resturaunt we frequent make excellent grilled chicken salads. I know that sounds bland, but they use the chicke like they would use for fajitas, and they add fresh bell peppers and onions, and a little of that "white" cheese that I can never remember the name of... its one of my favorite meals, even if it wasn't low calorie.

I always eat a few chips, but I haven't had a margarita in ages... I just get water to save money.
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mexican is my biggest downfall too! I caved not once but twice this week! I did log it but still went over. Glad I'm not alone!