Inspirational Tattoos

Options
2»

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I am actually contemplating getting a tat of the number of my highest weight... as a reminder of what I will never go back to... (even though I dont really like tats - strange I know). Maybe along side my daughters initials as the reason why I made this life change.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I creeped your profile. What about symbols or depictions of the meanings of your children's names? Since you list them as your inspiration. :-) For example, my kids' names mean "God is the giver of gifts", and "king". I was thinking of a hand, palm up with a crown laying in the centre. See what I mean? Anyway, just a thought.
  • Shajadea
    Shajadea Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion is if you get foreign characters, ie Chinese/Japanese/Korean symbols, make sure the artist is drawing them properly. I have seen some people get them done wrong and it means something completely different from what they wanted.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Things to not get (just my opinion, to each his/her own):

- Anything you can find on a wall or clip art book at a tattoo shop - having matching tattoos with strangers is not cool
    - Kanji symbols (sorry folks)
    - Tribal designs
    - Barbed wire
    - Anything in a language you can't read
    - Portraits of your children (these are scary and horrible)
    - Anyone's name (except maybe mine)
    - Most of the suggestions here, unless it is meaningful to you

My humble 2 cents. I do like your idea of something inspirational, fitness-wise though. My advice would be to get something that vaguely symbolizes it, nothing specific like a scale or tape measure. That way you can pick something that is awesome all on its own and not have to explain your reasoning for it 10 times a day, which will happen.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Look into yourself for inspiration. Something that I find inspirational would likely not have the same meaning to you.

I'm planning on getting something like an antique corset on my torso to represent my Sisyphus's curse (weightloss). Does that help you at all? Didn't think so.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I totally want some young woman to get a tape measure down her sternum to her belly button so she can chart her boobs dropping as she ages. Too bad you're not a chick.