huge nsv for me & tell me yours!

Options

Replies

• kristinakingsley
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! Keep it up!! My hubby told me that my butt has gotten smaller!!!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a new belt, too, my favorite casual/cute one won't cinch enough any more. :wink:
  • dfranco_rr
    dfranco_rr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First off, want to congratulate everyone on their personal NSV's! My NSV was that I was able to run 2 miles in just under 26 minutes last night for the first time (my best time ever)...not too bad for someone that weighed in @ over 300lb's a few months ago and hadn't run in yeeeeears, lol :) Good luck to everyone with their weight loss journey's :drinker:
  • Skeen903
    Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today was actually being able to jog 15 minutes straight and do 3.0 miles in 60 mins. My goal is to cut that in half and be able to do a 30 min 5k by the end of my C25k program... but it's a start... and its a heck of a lot better than I have ever been able to do before! The elliptical/bike/other cardio are paying off now that I have been brave enough to step foot on a tread-mill
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    That's great!

Mine was fitting into a size 6 jeans!! I still can't believe it!
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That's amazing(:

Since being 7 years old, I haven't worn a bikini... that's going to be my BIG reward once I've lost it all(:

My NSV is (not mega recent... happened a few weeks ago) but running 6 miles!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I ran a full mile without stopping for the first time today.

That's awesome!!! :D

When I ran my first mile (only February of this year!) it was like THE BEST feeling ever(: I was on cloud 9 and nothing could upset me.

Enjoy your victory!!! 1 mile is a big one(:
  • SMGruss
    SMGruss Posts: 2
    Options
    I love your story because getting my jeans down before I wet my pants is a major goal of mine. Also, since my one and only bathroom is on the second floor, being fit enought to "run" to it would be a dream come true.
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    congrats OP
    I have two NSVs today.
    First, it was chilly this morning so I was wearing a hoodie I purchased a month and a half ago. I remember when I bought it it was tight (not a lot of size choices, it was that or get a huge one) and I asked my husband if he thought it was too tight for me to wear before I bought it. Aaaaanyway, today I noticed that it's baggy!

Second, I had to run to catch the bus and I caught it and didn't even get winded.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    OMG!! That is awesome! I dread trying on swimsuits. I am my worst critic. That is a wonderful NSV. I guess mine would be taking a picture without having chubby cheeks!
  • 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    Options
    What's NSV?
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    I looked in the mirror this morning after getting dressed for work and thought, "Hmmm, not that bad" :-)
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    What's NSV?
    Non scale victory. I had to ask, too. ;-)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I actually like the way I look naked... :blushing:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV's along this journey are....the day I was able to put my wedding ring back on, the day I fit into size 4 jeans, the day I fit into size 2 jeans, the day I realized I was running without gasping for air and I too am now a proud owner of a bikini. Haven't worn one since high school.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm still on a high from completing the c25k yesterday evening.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My first NSV was when I put on these jeans of mine. I had them in my closet for over a year unable to get into them with a huge massive muffin top...haha I could barely do them up. Now, I actually have room in them to spare!

I also recently bought a pair of pants online in a size smaller than my previous size and they were still too big! I had to go back and get a pair that wasn't just one size smaller, not even two sizes, but THREE sizes smaller!!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    OP taht is an awesome one!!!
    I dont have one today..
    but great job for you!!
  • jennyonthespot
    jennyonthespot Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can wear shorts in public! Just like a few other posters have said, I have been painfully self conscious of my legs for most of my adult life, so to put on a pair of shorts and wear them out of the house was really something for me. :-) I was so excited I changed my profile pic. What a dork, right?

Congrats on the bikini! That is seriously amazing. I mean that from the bottom of my heart because that is one of my goals also! I have actually only worn one once since childhood.
  • 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    Options
    What's NSV?
    Non scale victory. I had to ask, too. ;-)

AHHHH, thanks!! In that case for me it was most definitely SIX PACK + obliques!!! 30" waist pants at Banana Republic was nice, too. NSD then despite not being asked, was wife saying I was too skinny...she came around eventually.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!