Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A year after losing 1/3rd my body weight [follow up!]

Replies

• scrach
    scrach Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you! So good to hear a successful maintenance story.. The idea of gaining back everything I have lost/will lose, fills me with dread (been there too many times before!). But am determined that this is it now - and your story proves it can be done :)

Well done!!
  • sheenabeenabobeena
    sheenabeenabobeena Posts: 12 Member
    wow, thank you for taking the time to post your story. I am at the beginning of my journey, it helps to see others have made it. I have given up soda and fast food(for the most part) and it has helped a lot.
    You should pat yourself on the back, you deserve it! WAY TO GO!!
  • RoxyLDN
    RoxyLDN Posts: 96 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS! You have done really well and you look great!
  • zombabe90
    zombabe90 Posts: 5 Member
    :) Whoa! Awesome job!!
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Great job!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Congratulations on your success. And on maintaining your healthy weight. After a year of keeping off the weight, do you still log your food daily? Or have you started trusting yourself to judge?

I will say the biggest thing, that most people DO NOT want to hear, is that totally cutting soda out of my life, 100%, including diet, was probably the biggest help. I did it right away and havent gone back (yes, everyone can have the OCCASIONAL diet coke or whatever with dinner or in a mixed drink, but other than that, no), and I think it's a huge part of my success. All I drink these days is water, juice (on occasion), coffee, and alcohol. Not at the same time obviously! :D

I have heard that people lose a ton of weight after ditching soda completely. Unfortunately, I can't cut something I never consumed in the first place! If I ever had soda once every two months, it was a lot for me.
  • 1stladygigi
    1stladygigi Posts: 17 Member
    Amazing story and such an inspiration. Soda was my main problem but I have slowly been cutting it out I'm down to maybe 1 in a 24 hr period. More water for me...
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Well done! I too started at 302lb & am currently at 216lb & slowly going down but feeling the benefit in so many ways.
    My favorite is every time I buy a new pack of knickers they are a size smaller!!
  • SabKab16
    SabKab16 Posts: 114 Member
    So inspiring! I read your entire story. It really is such a big achievement!
  • debbieHOC
    debbieHOC Posts: 56 Member
    Congrats.. you look awesome. I am just beginning this journey and the Success Stories are my favorite. It motivates us and we are cheering you on!
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Awesome job at losing it and keeping it off!

And OT, but good luck with the Copa.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Congrats to you-you've done an AWESOME job!:drinker:
  • Fantastic results! Good for you, thanks for sharing!
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Amazing!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Awesome thread! Keep posting from time to time to remind folks!
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Simply amazing! Congratulations!

Great to hear your feedback on the soda too... Thankfully I've never had the addiction but it seems like such a common thread with people who've had big weight gain problems - and apparently one of the hardest things to quit! Then there are all the reports on the diet sodas actually making people crave sugar as well! I can see how it's a nightmare to get away from...
  • bex_86_
    bex_86_ Posts: 92
    Awesome job!! You look amazing :)
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Way to go! You look great. Thanks for sharing; very motivational! :flowerforyou:
  • Spunky50
    Spunky50 Posts: 23 Member
    Great Job!! What in inspiration not only to others but also to your son!!
  • erika_urthmama
    erika_urthmama Posts: 33 Member
    amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!