anyone have actual zumba results??

Options

Replies

• mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The only workout I've been doing regularly is Zumba. But I've also been eating much healthier.

Between the two, I've lost 22.2 lbs in a little over 9 weeks.

I do feel like I have more stamina now, and I always really enjoy Zumba.

I know several Zumba instructors in my area that have lost tons of weight with Zumba. It's great cardio, and its fun.

I also do it on the Wii. You can get a good little workout in 20 minutes, when you are pressed for time.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I've had dramatic results in terms of actual weight loss... hard to say because I do zumba on top of other things. But my cardio endurance is a million times better. When I finally went for a run after 2 years off, having only done zumba for a few months, I could go longer and faster than I did back when I was running three times a week.

Putting a plug in for WEIGHT TRAINING if you really want to kickstart fat loss. However I LOVE zumba and have so much fun that it's worth it to me regardless!
  • yourpalacf
    yourpalacf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Zumba is super fun, and can be a great workout with the right enthusiasm and a great instructor. Our class is so big it outgrew all of the group exercise rooms, so now they hold it in the gym (basketball court). I don't take it all the time, but it's fun to get my groove on now and then - it's a big dance party!
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Between Zumba 2-3 times a week and a better diet, I've lost 20 lbs over 16 months. I love going to the class! I've tried it at home and it's just not the same. So much more energy at the class...
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have kind of a different success story. I started Zumba classes 3 times a week in February of 2011 I was also doing treadmill and weight 2 times a week. I signed up with MFP in February of 2012. In that year I had only lost 2lbs! I changed my eating habits when I started MFP but kept the same basic work out schedule. I also started 30 Day Shred this month that I would not have been able to do if I hadn't of been doing Zumba for so long. Since starting MFP I have dropped 26lbs, only by changing what I am eating and continuing with Zumba at the very least 2 times a week. I love Zumba! The endurance that you gain is unreal, but I have also notice different people in my classes not pushing themselves and not even sweating. I work up a sweat! In all honesty Zumba paved the way for me to drive myself to push harder and it is so fun. I agree with another poster on here about not doing the DVD at home. I have done both and I just love the fun in the actual class and laughing and everyone doing it with you. It is like a dance party!
  • regrebredein
    Options
    Who knows a good DVD about Zumba:happy:
  • jessabethheather
    Options
    My Zumba instructor lost 80 pounds in just over a year -- all she did was Zumba every day and cut out snacking between meals. She looks amazing. I need to get her over here so she can post before/after pictures!
  • Teirza
    Teirza Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 18 to a size 10, 204 to 164lbs. But more than that I couldn't jump when i started it last summer. I couldn't run. Now I have no problem jumping and doing the moves and I just ran my first 5K with minimal training.
  • iamers
    iamers Posts: 74
    Options
    I've noticed that zumba has improved my stamina and general fitness :)
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba 2-3 classes a week & wii Zumba 2 4 times a week I did 6 classes a week in 2010 and lost do many inches

It's like everything the more intense you do it the more results if you haven't sweated and drank lots if water in a session then your not getting a full work out

Once you learn the dances your be hooked x
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Who knows a good DVD about Zumba:happy:

Zumba wii 100% it's as good ad classes but with no talking which they need to incorporate x
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    Me and my sister have!! I lost 14 lbs (thats all I needed to lose) and she lost almost 60
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has had some pretty impressive results from Zumba. She's been doing Zumba for just over a year. She's not on MFP, but has a page where she's documenting her journey. Here's one of her status updates.

"I've tried to keep this about being healthy, fit and feeling good rather than about the numbers associated with my journey but I gotta take a minute to brag about the numbers... I've gone from a Size 26 to a size 14! I'm wearing jeans that I never thought possible and getting stoked at the possibility of shrinking out of
    them ♥"

You can find her facebook page at:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catherine-Mastowskis-Fitness-Journey/318174361555181
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    I do Zumba 5 to 7 days a week and i just started 30 Day Shred (5 days in). I am also eating 1200 calories a day and drinking more water. I have lost 22 lbs since mid March and 6 inches from my waist and 4 inches from my hips. I love it! I am addicted to Zumba 2 for the wii!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba class 3 times a week and its my most favorite form of exercise! I burn 400-550 calories for 55 minutes usually. It's so much fun!
  • AmandaDeShawn
    AmandaDeShawn Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba two times a week for a month and have lost 10lbs! it's the only program that I have had results from!
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    This may not be what you are looking for but I have done zumba several times now and each time it kicks my butt. I have a very athletic instructor and amazed at the pain she can add to my workout. I do about 40-45 mins on the arc trainer and weights and never feel it the next day in my core as when I zumba.

LOVE IT!
  • zumbaabby
    zumbaabby Posts: 59
    Options
    I've been taking it since March 2010, and been an Instructor Since Oct 2010...I've lost 100 pounds. It's my addiction...as a matter of fact..I'm off to teach a class right now :)!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just started it and do it at 24 Hour fitness. Our instructor is AMAZING! She's a crazy little ball of energy and I have never sweat so much in my life. It's only been about three weeks but I can tell you I feel stronger and more energetic than ever. I'll even double-up and do it after Spinning. Hopefully I'll have some results to share soon, but it's a 600 calorie + burn every hour (if you have an upbeat instructor and are really moving...and we are in our class!). Worth every second.
  • nyfashionista19
    nyfashionista19 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I first got serious on MFP back in December 2011, I started Zumba usually 3-4 times a week and dropped 10 lbs. in a little over a month. I still do it along with other workouts but I never go a week without doing it at least once. I love it for those high-calorie burns when I just want a fun workout! I've been seeing results ever since,def.go for it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!