How do you get yourself to drink more water?

Options
13»

Replies

• tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 nalgenes at work a day, and drink a 20oz bottle in the car to work. Another 20oz at home in the morning then again in the evening, and I'm done. It's become habit, esp. in the car. I feel weird without my waterbottle!
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    Drinking it room temperature helps to gulp it down really quickly. I Also picture my ideal body and tell myself that water is the only way there. :) true story.
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    I am still having trouble drinking enough water when I am at work, because I am constantly in meetings, etc., where I can't get up to run to the bathroom every half hour - which is what I have to do if I drink a lot of water. That leaves me trying to "catch up" when I get home, which means I am up too often at night to pee. It's a dilemma I haven't figured out how to fix.
  • Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The pee thing does slow down once your body adjusts so maybe if you can find some down time to adjust first it would help!
  • Sheila1968
    Sheila1968 Posts: 106
    Options
    The pee thing does slow down once your body adjusts so maybe if you can find some down time to adjust first it would help!

It's been since January since I consciously starting drinking lots more, and I'm still having to "go" all the time!! So I'm not sure how long it takes for your body to adjust, but it's still a problem for me.