Looking for Support From Ppl Who have been Skinny Before

Options

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I was thin until 2005; I was 5'5" and 116, and am working to get back to that.
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i was on the heavy side most of my late teens and early adult life ---its only in the past 8 years that i've lost most of the extra weight and kept it off. i like what you said about those who have experienced both sides of life. i was never noticed and even referred to as a boy as a child, and ignored by boys as a young girl but as a woman things seem to be considered differently. thats also experiencing two sides of life -- and boy - i feel differently about myself and others than do my born beautiful and skinny friends!!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I was deathly skinny all my life 100 - 116 lbs at 5 4"- even went back to my pre-pregnany weight (115)...I'm 35, and at 33 years old - went right up to 161 lbs...I am at 139 right now and that's with killing myself 3 times a week at the gym...sigh...you are not alone..btw you are a beautiful girl
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    in 2008 I was 110 and 5'5 and now im same height and 128.... ouch
  • AyceeB
    AyceeB Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow its great that there are so many people that I can relate to here.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's me. I am finally down to 135 which makes me very happy but I remember when I used to think that I would never weigh as much as 120.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    in 2008 I was 110 and 5'5 and now im same height and 128.... ouch

I love to be 128
  • elliottjane
    elliottjane Posts: 37
    Options
    I was always about 115-120 my whole time in high school and college (maybe gained about 5 pounds freshman year of college of course, haha). Then I got pregnant and shot all the way up to 190. I'd always had a fast metabolism and was constantly working out since I was on the swim team, so I just figured that when I was pregnant, I would only gain baby fat. hahahahaha, no! So now 3 years later, I'm trying to get back to my pre-baby weight. Feel free to add me!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    meeeeeeeeeee i was under weight until about 2 years ago. i didnt even know how much i gained till i went to the doctors because of a fever. T-T it was horrid. i have dropped 20 lbs since thing. thank god. im still not as small as i use to be either.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's been longer than 5 years, but yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm 5'4. I was under 100 pounds before I had my first child. After six weeks, I weighed 103, and that was awesome.

Then I crept up to 113. Still thin, so all good. I just wasn't underweight anymore.

And then I went on depo provera. It kicked PCOS into overdrive and I ballooned up to 163 pounds. I'm out to get my pre depo provera body back.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I was an athlete my first two years of college and weighed about 135 at the time. That was about 9 years ago though, so I'm not sure if I fit what you're looking for. I ballooned up to 218 and am working to get down to about 150 now. I'll probably never be 135 again.

It sucks realizing what you've done to your body, and that you weren't always this way, but you just have to look forward, not backwards and become someone that is healthy, fit, and lovely anyway.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight, but as I've grown older I've had to be increasingly aware of what I eat and attempt to get in some activity. Talking to people who've managed to maintain their weight is as important as speaking with people who've successfully lost weight and kept it off for several years.

People who've maintained their weight usually have internalized a number of habits or structures that have assisted them.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I was 90 pounds up until I stopped dancing in year 2008 and then cause i would still eat as much as i did before but without all the exercise i put it all on
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    I was always under 120 until I had my kids. I'm 5'3". Now I'm almost 41 and weighing in at 184.5. It is soooooooo hard knowing what I was and what I am now. I know that thinner girl is in there somewhere, I just have to find her!!!! :smile:
  • shawnajg
    shawnajg Posts: 1
    Options
    I lived my whole life being very slim and not even having to think about what I ate or exercice. I am 39 and now that I am older it is totally different. People always tell me I look great and slim. I am a size 6. 5'10 152 pounds. I know that I am not "over" weight but I am used to being what I was in my 20's and earlier 30's. The problem sometimes is knowing what I was and comparing myself to that. I think if I felt better and had more energy and "firmer" I would be so much better off. I am working at it. I do exercise but I am realizing if I truly want to transform my body it will require a change in what I eat as well. I love this website and It truly is helping me to be more accountable to what I eat. Here for support if you need it and looking for support as well. :smile:
  • Taniataylor1967
    Options
    I need help I ate a Wendys today for lunch!! I was 134 lbs gained 10 pounds in a year and now want to lose it I have lost 3 llbs so far on this site - its fantastic as long as my halo doesnt slip!!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i am 5'5" ish
    weighed around 110 in high school and most of college..
    did a little road trip when i was around 21 and messed up my metabolism for a bit (ate VERY little for over a month)
    when i returned.. went up to 130..
    after i got married and had kids.. ended up around 190!! holy hampster!
    now i am down to 150ish but would like to lose another 20-30 pounds
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    I am 5'3 I was 135 before I went to college...I thought I was a total fatty, I was a cheerleader and very muscular. Then I began slowly putting on weight until I graduated from college. I ballooned up to 207, I'm now down to 185. It's amazing looking at those photos realizing how small I used to be and how horribly my perception of myself was!
  • Taniataylor1967
    Options
    Oh my you sound like me!! I am 44 years old and used be be 134 llbs now I am 44 lbs and am 5 ft 8in I know that is not seriously over weight but I dont look too hot in a bikini right now!! I have lost 3llbs so far and am stuck at 141 pounds its hard getting the last 7 llbs off...................and I am married to an Italian who like their wine and pasta
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Yes that is what I am looking for :) I am the same height as you and was the same weight lol. I am looking for support because a lot of people don't understand what I am going through because my life has completely changed since the weight gain. I wasn't a fat kid or teen i didn't gain all this weight until I was about 26. So I am just looking for support from people similar to me.

I know many people who were quite thin as kids and adults who later gained weight. They had sedentary jobs, didn't vigorously exercise because they didn't have the time or lacked the motivation. Most important, they didn't adjust their eating habits. Some of them tried diets, but they didn't make the complete commitment to changing their lifestyle that was required to maintain their weight loss. I also think they were in denial.