Just Joined Today..Any Advise Welcome

Options
My best friend invited me to join months ago but I was recovering from surgery and had to push it off. I had put on a lot of weight and am now ready to get started. If anyone has some successful advise, please share. Thank you!!

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Don't starve yourself, do lots of research, drink plenty of water, and even though exercise is great for losing weight and looking great it is not necessary to do it. Also when asking questions in the forums be prepared for all sorts of different responses and try not to take things to personally (you can also look up topics that may have already been posted through search before you start another thread, keeps some people from getting irritated at repeat questions). Best of luck on your journey, and stay motivated!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Get tons of friends! It's so great! Everyone is on the same journey and it is great! Add me if u like
  • terrim64
    terrim64 Posts: 11
    Options
    i love these replies and yes i am your bff and we will do this together. we will encourage each other and all. too bad we dont live closer so we can exercise and walk together but that wont stop us. just take it day by day and don't get discourage. i also have a lot of inspiration and motivational post it on my journal book that i have. it keeps me going to a point. going to change them soon and put new ones on. just stay focus and the weight will come off. I know you can do this because you did it before. love u
  • terrim64
    Options
    that is so nice of you to reply to her and maybe we all could become friends. where do you live and how long have you been doing this. i have been doing this for about 2 month now and still going. i am actually in my weight range but want to loose more so i can get toned up. good luck to you and your journey as well.
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    Make sure you eat and don't let the scale be the only way you measure success non scale victories(NSV) are awesome also.You may add me as a friend also if you like
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Eat, exercise, expectation.

Eat - balanced meals, enough food
    Exercise - doesn't have to be a crazy amount on those days you don't have time, remember little is more than none
    Expectation - realistic goals
  • terrim64
    Options
    nice advise and love the baby pic. you are doing great. when did you start. way to go girl. it is obvious that you are motivated and all. keep on going.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give is to peruse the Unofficial MFP FAQ. It's a user created database of common questions asked on the forums. Check out the Table of Contents for a complete list of topics.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/474-unofficial-mfp-faq
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Log your food and exercise activity everyday; it will make you accountable and will help you see trends. Don't starve or deprive yourself and don't look at this as a diet but a lifelong commitment to healthier living. Be patient and don't fret or obsess with the scale but rather pay attention to body changes such as how your clothes fit and how much easier it is when you exercise. Good luck on your new lifestyle! You can add me as a friend.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Get the app for your phone if you can and haven't already. Its has a barcode scanner which makes finding your food so much easier. And just stick with it....some days are good and some are bad, you just have to keep taking it day by day.
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    Take one day at a time! If you have a bad day remember tomorrow you have to try harder. We all need as much supportive friends as we can get! MFP has some awesome people! Anyone feel free to add me!