Nurses

Options

Replies

• Only1tracie
    Only1tracie Posts: 31
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week. I'm just a medical assistant with a job that is mentally and physically demanding. I work with traumatic brain injuries.
    Never say "just a". Your job is every bit as important as anyone else's!!! :)
    Thank you for what you do!!!!

Thank you:) And you are welcome.
  • sweetmelissa40
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week. I'm just a medical assistant with a job that is mentally and physically demanding. I work with traumatic brain injuries.

Thank you:) And you are welcome.

YOU are welcome!! :)
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses week to all my fellow nurses. RN working with disabled children now, prior 10 years working in LTC:drinker:
  • Theresafinallygetsitright
    Options
    RN, FNP here - hope you all know how appreciated your hardwork is ;) . We do what we do for our patients!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week to everyone!!! :flowerforyou: Im a LPN and working on gettin my RN!!
  • esselltee1156
    esselltee1156 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i'm an lpn and the health and wellness director at an assisted living community. happy nurses' week!
  • cjburson
    cjburson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY what I was thinking! Never say "just a" YOU are a very important part of the healthcare team!
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78
    Options
    Happy Nurse's Week! Been an RN for 20 years. I now do utilization review for an insurance company because it gives me the flexibility to be with my 4 year old more and I am a telecommuter. Have a home office and just have to go to the hospital for several hours. Works out great for my family. That's the great thing about being a nurse, lots of different options!
  • kaylamarie54
    kaylamarie54 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurse's Week to all the nurses out there!! Been a Pediatric/PICU RN for almost 4 years and still loving it!!!
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nurse. I'm a nursing student. Happy Nurses Week!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I am not a nurse and don't even play one on TV... Yet I would not be alive without them so great job folks...I appreciate you... Also, I really appreciate that you are on this site and working to practice good healthcare in yourselves so you can better improve the quality of life for others. Thanks again!:happy:
  • cjburson
    cjburson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    LPN for 5 years. I work in a State facility for developmentally delayed individuals. Looking to start the LPN to RN transition in January. Happy Nurses week to all!
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Not considered a nurse but I'm a Medical Assistant for the past 8yrs and have worked right along side some of the best RN's and LPN'S I know! Happy end of Nurses Week!
  • Annmarie49
    Annmarie49 Posts: 84
    Options
    Happy Nurse week to you all. We don't have this in Scotland, UK. we should!!!!!

I am a nurse for 32 years, RN/Midwife/Public health Nurse/Health Visitor, now working as a Community Nurse Manager in Childrens services. Demanding but great job.

great job everyone and to all students, remember, "it is a journey"........... this is the begining!! good luck all.
  • Littlehaydensmommy
    Options
    My first post.... HAPPY NURSES WEEK! I am an LPN working on my RN.... My specialty is Oncology!! :smile:
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow nurses! I hope you've had a great nurse's week thus far!

I'm an RN, CNS and have worked in med-surg, neuro, vascular, spines, and emergency. For the past four years, I've been a full-time nursing instructor at the college level. I LOVE tthat I get to teach nursing students so much more about nursing than just the basics. What we do every day is touch people's lives in so many ways. As we all know, these interactions can be positive or negative. I love going to work each day knowing I am pushing my students to be the POSITIVE impact for those for whom they provide care.

Nurses and all those involved in caring for others ROCK!

Feel free to add me!
  • dragongirl1313
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week (we get to celebrate it on the 12th of May here in New Zealand)!
    I've been a RN for 18 years. I work in a general practice medical centre, doing a bit of everything. My main area of practice is chronic disease - especially Diabetes. This is a fantastic time to be working - so much improving rapidly and I have the privilige of working with and for some excellent people. Dont think I'd want to do anything else!
  • sbaldino29
    sbaldino29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Happy nurses week to all! I'm an RN with 16 yrs experience. I'm just starting my weight loss journey (again). Like the rest of u I truly want to be healthy and hope this is the last time I ever have to say "again"
  • jessgrey2
    jessgrey2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    RN here too! ICU/ER. Happy Nurses Week, stay positive!!! xo
  • CindyLynn28
    CindyLynn28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Happy Nurses Week!

I just finished an LPN to RN program (was an LPN for 10 years) and I passed the boards last month!!