Low calorie snacks that are quick to fix

Options
adfabus
adfabus Posts: 178 Member
I am sick of protein shakes, pickles, almonds, and hard boiled eggs! I need snack ideas for the evening when I get hungry before bed. Low calorie please.

Replies

• lauren128m
    lauren128m Posts: 75
    Options
    I liked to snack on mini pretzel sticks dipped in hummus
  • IDAWILLIS2003
    Options
    When I get hungry before bedtime, I snack on a fruit and drink a glass of water.It will fill you up!!
  • Coco_Brown85
    Coco_Brown85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A few pieces of beef jerky (I think they have turkey jerky too) or a laughing cow cheese wedge with a couple of wheat crackers.
  • sarahball386
    Options
    Light yogurt (80 cal), flavored rice cakes (50-60 cal), 100 calorie snack packs, string cheese (80 cal), cup of grapes (100cal).
  • fey1
    fey1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Both my doctor and A&P professor recommend avoiding carbs before bed because of the way your body processes them, which makes me realize my usual late snacks (popcorn, cereal, fruit) are not ideal. I've been meaning to ask how close to bedtime that becomes an issue.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    fruit & string cheese!
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    I have Veri Deli crackers. All the flavours are delish. Most servings are 4 crackers, one of them is 6. I have on its own or with a small piece of cheese.

Sugar free Jelly is good too, and filling.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    string cheese, popcorn, apples with cinnamon, fruit, special k crackers/chips are delicious.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    a frozen banana blended with some almond milk to make "ice cream" - you can add anything else you want - peanut butter, walnuts, other fruit, etc.

sliced up banana or half banana with some chia seeds and a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • spunkfish
    spunkfish Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Andrealadley
    Andrealadley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes are low in calories and they seem to have a similar satisfaction as crisps (potato chips). my fave are the salt n vinegar mini ones in packets, 90 calories a bag, preparation? open, munch, enjoy!!
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Frozen berries blended with a spoon of yoghurt and some almond milk. Under 100 calories for a decent bowl size! I sweeten mine with 0 cal Stevia. I actually prefer it to ice cream. x
  • Bambooblade
    Bambooblade Posts: 18
    Options
    mini oatcakes or mini melba toast spread with xtra light philadelphia (soft) cheese with a blob of low sugar jam (if you want sweet) or a blob of sweet chilli dipping sauce (if your moods savoury) delish x
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    a frozen banana blended with some almond milk to make "ice cream" - you can add anything else you want - peanut butter, walnuts, other fruit, etc.

I think I'll have to try this one!
  • MisJess99
    MisJess99 Posts: 1
    Options
    [Frozen berries blended with a spoon of yoghurt and some almond milk. Under 100 calories for a decent bowl size! I sweeten mine with 0 cal Stevia. I actually prefer it to ice cream. x]

Oh, I'm def going to try this out!! Thanks! :happy:

MisJess :flowerforyou:
  • ajhr
    ajhr Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If i want something that tastes like dessert, I'll have cocoa. Two teaspoons of actual cocoa - not hot chocolate powder! - is only about 8 calories. Add milk of your choice. I used to prefer a lot of milk and made the cocoa with half hot milk and half boiled water, but now I'm happy with a much smaller amount. Oftentimes I'll add a couple of teaspoons of cream instead of milk, but whatever works for you!
    If you find the cocoa too bitter, add a little of your favourite sweetener.

Enjoy!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips. They taste soooo much better than rice cakes. 110 calories for 27 chips. They make several different flavors such as Southwest Ranch, Cheddar and Sea salt...probably a few more.

Not my thing, but others have told me to try is celery and peanut butter. or something with peanut butter.

I love a nice juicy orange for my snacks. I'm addicted.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are my fav right now.