know any good protein bars?

Options
Hi all, I'm new to this and want to know if anyone has any suggestions for good or delicious protein bars?

Replies

• kristenlees122
    Options
    i really really like the kind bars, especially the peanut butter and dark chocolate ones... mmm
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i really really like the kind bars, especially the peanut butter and dark chocolate ones... mmm

YES! I second it :)
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Supreme Protein Original Caramel Nut Chocolate
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like all of the Adkins snack bars. They have protein and are low carb also.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Elevate Me bars are good
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love luna bars!!
  • beanerific518
    Options
    Zone Perfect bars are tasty. But try to get your protein from more natural sources as much as you can. These bars and powders seem somewhat iffy to me. I don't know, guess I've been questioning a lot of processed food lately. However, for convenience, better to go with a protein bar than a candy bar :smile:
  • livelongmama
    livelongmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like Luna bars. There are a bunch of flavors including chocolate and non-chocolate flavors (all delicious) and suitable for vegans (non-dairy, etc.). Each bar contains 9 to 10 grams of protein, B vitamins (and other vitamins), and 35% DV of calcium, and are about 180 calories each. They are a little high in sugar, but not bad in comparison with some others. They taste and look like a treat, while giving you protein, etc.
  • ryajak
    ryajak Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the sampler boxes of Quest Protein Bars. Love every flavor so far and they are really good as is or warmed in microwave for about 8 seconds. 20 grams of protein, 170 calories and they claim to be all natural and low sugar. Apple Pie has chunks of dehydrated apples and a cinnamon flavor. The Coconut Cashew is really good. Lemon pie warmed - yum. Cinnamon Roll....Almond Vanilla....Peanut Butter Supreme.
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I really like the Quest bars but don't always have the financial freedom to buy'em. Pure Protein is on the inexpensive side of things. I also like PowerBar's reduced sugar protein bar with 22 grams of protein and the Premier Nutrition bar with 30 grams of protein.

For a homemade treat you can try,

4 slices of Wasa Light Crispbread with 2 slices of Frigo Light Mozarello Cheese sticks - 200 calories, 5 grams fat, 19 grams protein and 3 grams of fiber but the sodium is high at 587. I slice the cheese into strips and put one stick between two pieces of crispbread and microwave for 15 seconds per sandwhich, so 30 seconds for both. Makes a great protein snack and if I eat it before cycling then I count the sodium as helping towards needed electrolytes.

2 slices of Nature's Own 40 calories bread with 2 pieces of the cheese works too - 200 calories, 7 grams fat, 21 grams protein and 6 grams of fiber. Of course you'd need to grill it in a sandwhich maker to make it really delicious (no butter, that just adds calories and fat).
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    Thanks everyone that responded I sure appreciate it!!!
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Promax Cookies N Cream bar is amazing and really filling. The place I get them, they're around $3.50 each so I only buy it sometimes. :grumble: I'm sure you could find it cheaper online, though.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I like Nature Valley Protein (Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate) Bars. They contain 10 percent protein and only 6 g sugar (no sugar alcohols like in Atkins).
  • DarbyBrion
    DarbyBrion Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the Supreme Protein Caramel Nut bars. Those are my favorite but they also come in peanut butter, pretzel and cookies and cream flavors. I have found them at Walmart and Target in boxes of 5 and they are cheaper than buying them by the bar. I think they're great to have on hand for when I'm out and about and they keep me from grabbing something bad for me! Great question! I love reading all the other answers. I have stuck to these because I've had some I don't like.
  • CountrySusan
    Options
    I like the Nature Valley Protein chew bars...My favorite is Peanut,Almond and Dark Chocolate. Only 190 calories and 10g of protein, has 5g of fiber.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The quest bars are pretty good and probably one of the healthiest bars on the market today. The cinnamon roll taste like a snickerdoodle cookie when it is warmed in the microwave.

I just recently tried a supreme bar and it tasted better than any protein bar I have ever tried- just like a candy bar with no sugar alcohol taste. I belive whey is the primary source of protein in the bar. Many are using soy.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    sorry, i meant 10 g protein
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I love the promax chocolate and orange meal bars (though I dont replace a meal with them, I just use them on hikes etc)
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    questproteinbars.com...they are all natural, no fake chocolately covering,no sugary coating.... 20 grams protein, they are sooo good!!! Chocolate brownie and apple pie are my FAV!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    The quest bars are pretty good and probably one of the healthiest bars on the market today. The cinnamon roll taste like a snickerdoodle cookie when it is warmed in the microwave.

I just recently tried a supreme bar and it tasted better than any protein bar I have ever tried- just like a candy bar with no sugar alcohol taste. I belive whey is the primary source of protein in the bar. Many are using soy.

I just put my love for Quest bars as well!!!