Whats the best way to tone up a belly in time for summer.

Options
I weight about 140 I'm not to worried with losing to much weight, But it has always been a dream of mine to have a flat belly. My belly has always been a problem area for me. I also get extremely bloated in my lower belly from time to time. Come to think of it my lower abs seem to be the hardest part to tone up and the last place to show weight lost.
What is the best way to get rid of the jiggle? Any work out tips to tone up are welcome.

Replies

• fordguy74
    fordguy74 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do crunches.
  • Morganhope22
    Options
    I've been but i still jiggle.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Lose fat.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Lose body fat. Drop your Carb intake to around 30g per day, and pump up your Protein and Fat. Lift heavy, and if you do cardio: keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone for your age, don't go higher.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    eat clean, lose fat, drink lots of water, do planks and side planks
  • Morganhope22
    Options
    oh my 30g of crabs seems near impossible.
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    yes, 30g of crabs is quite a lot ;p
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Pilates is wonderful for the tummy. I like the Winsor Pilates workouts myself.
  • mrsweasley23
    mrsweasley23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred! I am on day 14 and stomach is much firmer already. I had the same problem as you and pretty much same weight :)
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    oh my 30g of crabs seems near impossible.

it's not necessary to do either. Just lose the fat by eating a calorie deficit and build some muscle underneath by working your core. Finally, having good posture will stop your tummy sticking out as much as well, so work on this too (building your core will help with this).
  • tedeez
    tedeez Posts: 18
    Options
    Planks, planks and more planks are great for the abs!!!
  • Morganhope22
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred! I am on day 14 and stomach is much firmer already. I had the same problem as you and pretty much same weight :)

I did the 30 day sherd, i did tight up a little, but overall it didn't improve much. I also found I was pulling muscles lifting weights everyday. Maybe i will try it again.
    I need a more challenging work out, I started doing an MMA, and i would like to try mat pilates
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Best way to get your abs ready for Summer 2012?

Start working on them Fall 2011.
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Best way to get your abs ready for Summer 2012?

Start working on them Fall 2011.

Ha! Love this!