Dropping the body fat %

Options
2»

Replies

• whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    try the 6 small meals a day plan....it works....

keeps ur metabolism revved up.....

back it up with HIIT and Core and Strength training....

That is what I have been doing for 3 months and I lost 29 lbs which means I lost fat AND muscle which sucks
  • garyholloway
    garyholloway Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, according to my Tanita scale my body fat % is exactly the same as when I started dieting and training at the end of January, I have lost 30 + lbs in that time. I have gone down from a 38 waist to a 32 and I feel ten times fitter and that what counts.
    Take my word for it the best body fat monitors are a mirror and an honest eye - the worst are electrical impedance scales they are next to worthless.Calipers back up what I can see and my bodyfat is dropping weekly, so I stick to that more than the scale now.
    If you want to keep a track of your body fat get an Accu-Measure 3000 from Amazon - cheap and realiable, but remember its how you look and feel that really count.
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same. I have the hand held body fat analyzer (same one my gym uses) and i have lost 11lbs (prob more because i have put on muscle) and still my BF is the same, how is that possible?

It the think is correct and you lost weight and your BF% stays the same means you lost fat and muscle.

Makes sense, but it must be incorrect because i can definitely see that i have gained more muscle mass. Thanks!
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    Bump
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    The best say to lose BF% is eat at a slight caloric deficit (around 250 cals/day which is a goal of 0.5lbs/week), eat enough protein (preferably a minimum of 1 gram per lb of lean body mass), and to participate in a heavy lifting strength training routine.

Too large of a deficit, not enough protein, and/or not challenging your muscles, will lead to the loss of a large % of muscle as you lose fat.

The information I needed. Thanks!
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    Take your TDAA - 250 calories a day
    Lift heavy 2-3 times a week
    Cardio 2 times a week
    Be patient.

Thank you, very helpful :smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have been trying all sorts of different plans from tons of cardio to high weight training to circuit training mixed with a lot fat and healthier diet and the BF% STILL doesn't seem to change. I don't know what I am doing wrong? I lost 29 lbs, but my BF% stayed around 26%. Any thoughts? Any ideas? I know no one plan works for everyone, but I don't want to just keep going and get discouraged when nothing changes. :sad:

How long have you actually stuck with each plan and stop using BIA to measure bf